EAP Specialist - Telecommute in CA (107852310)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions has multiple opportunities for Employee Assistance Program Counselors. The EAP Specialist is responsible for taking inbound calls to provide telephonic assessment and solution focused consultation to clients calling regarding their behavioral health benefits. In addition to assessment and triage, the successful candidate will engage in short-term problem resolution, authorization and referrals for routine and crisis callers.
If you are located in the state of California, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Answer inbound calls for EAP and Behavioral
- Assessment and triage, short - term problem resolution, authorization and referrals for routine and crisis callers
- Provide solution focused consultation to assist member with issue resolution
- Determine member eligibility and benefit coverage and triage as appropriate
- Update and enter clinical notes in care management database
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, or related field
- 3+ years of clinical experience, POST Master's
- 2+ years of experience with Windows PC applications, must be able to type and navigate around multiple systems, using multiple screens
- CEAP (or eligible to obtain)
- Call Center experience
- Experience supporting an Employee Assistance Program
- Experience in both Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse, dual diagnosis
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: EAP Specialist, EAP Counselor, EAP Consultant, Social Worker, Therapist, Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, Employee Assistance Program, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Remote, Work from Home, CA, California