Community Outreach Rep (Provider Engagement Specialist) - Ohio (107917666)
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for- service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose-driven, action-oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
The Provider Engagement Specialist is responsible for defining and executing a strategic plan to build high- quality, high-value relationships between Landmark and the leading medical groups and IPAs in its local community.
The Specialist will work under the supervision of Landmark’s Local Market Leadership Teams (MLTs) to segment and prioritize physician groups for outreach. Once that prioritization plan is in place, the Specialist will be responsible for sourcing, building and maintaining relationships with key medical groups (“Key Accounts”).
These relationships will encompass the establishment of formal and informal coordination protocols, governing coordination of clinical care, exchange of clinical information, and member outreach and engagement efforts. The Specialist will serve as the first point of contact for these “Key Account” medical groups. The Specialist will be responsible for addressing issues raised by those Key Accounts, investigating and pursuing further opportunities for growth and coordination, overseeing and guiding technology integrations, and supporting any requirements related to establishing contracts or business agreements.
The Specialist will be measured based on a calibrated mix of quantitative and qualitative metrics, including but not limited to: (i) annual Key Account satisfaction surveys; (ii) the volume of members referrals received from that Key Account, and, correspondingly engagement results; and (iii) the depth of technical integration with that Key Account (e.g, direct messaging).
- Define and execute plan for operational and clinical integration with “Key Accounts”, which are largeprimary care providers in the local market.
- Serve as point of first contact for Key Accounts for problem resolution, troubleshooting, and strategic growth.
- Maximize Landmark’s engagement of eligible patients attributed to Key Accounts.
- Set agenda, coordinate and take minutes of all Clinical and Operational JOCs with Key Accounts.
- Support analytics and reporting needs related to key account management.
- Report to the Local Outreach Supervisor, Executive Director, or General Manager, as the case may be.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Proficiency with Excel; ability to review reports, gather and analyze data regarding territory and referral patterns.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions. Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Presentation Skills- Includes thorough planning and content creation, with effective delivery of information to audiences of various sizes and roles
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience in provider network, medical sales, provider practice sales, or key account management
- Willing to work flexible or extended hours to accomplish business goals
- Proven success meeting or exceeding identified targets or goals
- Proven success with time management and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license; willing to drive frequently to do site visits
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Impeccable communication skills: proven ability to rapidly write and deliver high-quality, impactful PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to work successful in a cross functional environment
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Regular requirement to sit; use hands to touch, handle or feel
- Regular requirement to talk and listen
- Occasional requirement to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Occasional requirement to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to travel frequently by car
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.