SDOH Specialist Care Coordinator - San Antonio, Houston, Austin - TX (109157864)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Texas based Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) Specialist will be responsible for oversight of all housing initiatives, pilots and research in to improve linkages to affordable housing for our Medicaid members. This role will be responsible for developing and implementing the health plan’s housing strategy for the Medicaid population. This includes developing partnerships with supportive and affordable housing providers and assisting individuals in securing accessible and affordable housing. This role will also be responsible for employment services supporting and assisting Medicaid members with their employment goals.
If you are located San Antonio, Houston, Austin, TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Establish overall housing strategy, execution and oversight of all housing initiatives and connection point to clinical and network teams
- Facilitate and cultivate relationships with senior staff at local public housing authorities, local continuum of care agencies, homeless shelters/providers, and affordable and supportive housing owners and developers
- Develops systems and protocols to support members’ applications for housing assistance
- Serves as subject matter expert/authority on housing for all areas, including interaction with C-suite leaders and DHHS
- Works in collaboration with Health Plan Care Management teams and external Care Management entities (Advanced Medical Homes, Clinically Integrated Networks, and Local Health Departments) with assisting members in obtaining stable housing
- Provides strategic consultation and thought leadership to influence and make recommendations to State and Local agencies/authorities for new program initiatives and innovation process improvements
- Represents the health plan to lead strategic initiatives with external housing agencies/providers focused on increasing access to affordable housing in the community
- Drives specific housing-related initiatives and support through collaboration with clinical teams to define, develop and monitor programs and impact on health outcomes, quality initiatives and cost impacts
- Creates linkages to support members in efforts to find and maintain stable housing through research and networking within communities; occasionally assisting members with housing applications
- Responsible for day to day activity tracking, monitoring, testing and assessments of pilots to reduce costs, improve quality outcomes and comply with state requirements
- Consults with other markets to share local initiatives and successes relative
- Manage internal referrals from clinical service coordination team to support Medicaid members with one or more of the following employment services:
- Support Medicaid members in obtaining and keeping competitive employment in an integrated setting
- Support Medicaid member’s employment goals through coordination of Personal Assistance Services to assist the individual with a disability to perform daily activities on and off the job that the individual would typically perform if they did not have a disability. Such services shall be designed to increase the individual's control in life and the individual's ability to perform activities on and off the job
- Coordinate Peer Support Services through connecting the Medicaid member to distinct providers for the delivery of counseling and other support services to Medicaid eligible adults with mental illnesses and/or substance use disorders
- Maintain internal relationships with clinical teams, and external relations with employment vendor partners (Texas Workforce Commission, Employment Providers,etc.)
- Responsible for employment activity tracking, monitoring, and established performance goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience in any of the following: affordable housing finance, community development, homeless services, supportive housing services.
- 3+ years’ experience with administering supportive and assistive employment services
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and policies that govern housing for the homeless and employment services programs.
- 3 years of presentation skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- 3 years of negotiation, problem solving, planning and decision making, and facilitation skills
- Ability to travel statewide 50% of the time via car (valid driver’s license)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Medicaid Managed Care experience
- Previous project management experience
- Established Community Based Organization (CBO) Relationships
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.