Specification System Specialist (2212043)
Specification System Specialist (Job Number: 2212043 )
We are looking for a professional and self-motivated individual to join our Spec and Configuration team. The Specifications System Specialist position is responsible for building new offerings, maintaining, and updating existing offerings in our Penske Spec Configuration System. This system provides our sales team with Class 2 through 8 vehicle specs from various OEM’s allowing them to spec and quote our customers. An understanding of truck specifications and component compatibility rules is essential to help ensure Penske is proposing a buildable spec that aligns with customer needs and Penske standards. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with many OEM’s, component suppliers and key departments throughout the Penske Organization. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a team who supports a key enterprise system for the Penske Organization.
Work location: 2675 Morgantown Rd., Reading PA 19607
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (Regular Full-Time)
- Create and Maintain Specifications, Pricing, Controls, Media, and Residual requirements for the Spec & Rating System.
- Work closely with OEM’s, Suppliers, Vehicle Supply Team, I.T., Maintenance, Marketing and Sales.
- Maintain an extremely high level of Vehicle Spec and Pricing accuracy.
- Perform quality assurance checks and balances of Vehicle Specs.
- Analyze and present findings in regards to new vehicles and associated components.
- Work with system users to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Other projects as assigned by the Manager
- Truck Industry Experience required.
- Good reasoning, detail oriented with a strong analytical skill set required.
- Knowledge of Tractor, Truck, Trailer and Body componentry required.
- Strong Computer Knowledge.
- Good knowledge of MS Office products with strengths in Access and Excel required.
- The knowledge of working with formulas, macros, databases, tables, queries, and lookups is helpful.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor Degree Preferred.
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize and follow-up on open items required.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and meet rigid deadlines required.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) required.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management
solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Sourcing/Procurement/Facilities
Req ID: 2212043