Actuarial Specialist - Telecommute (109516029)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
naviHealth is seeking an experienced actuarial specialist, to support all actuarial needs with respect to a portfolio of client relationships. While this Team is highly collaborative, this is an analytical, individual-contributor role requiring rich healthcare experience, critical thinking skills, independence, strategic mindset, attention to detail, and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced non-traditional actuarial environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Research, analyze, present results, and recommend intelligent solutions to solve problems and address business challenges by applying a knowledge of data analysis, critical-thinking skills, and healthcare experience/expertise
- Structure analytical results in an organized, visual manner to tell a meaningful, actionable story
- Write SQL queries, build excel models, and apply varying actuarial techniques to solve specific business problems
- Develop and apply predictive algorithms for organizational strategy and targeting
- Develop models for projecting and evaluating healthcare cost trend
- Maintain and expand upon current statistical models used to measure business results
- Perform data quality checking and usability analysis to identify anomalies which need to be addressed prior to delivery of analytic results
- Develop, implement and revise detailed claims analysis. Report results and conclusions for integrating findings
- Execute annual client reconciliations. Use actuarial judgement to adjust these processes where necessary
- Establish trusting professional relationships with internal senior business customers. Maintain alignment of expectations and priorities in autonomous fashion
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
keywords: sr actuarial analyst, actuary, actuarial, actuarial consultant, senior actuarial analyst, actuary exams, healthcare actuary
- Bachelor’s degree
- Actuarial exam track, having passed 2 or more Actuarial exams
- 2+ years of experience or proven ability working as an actuarial analyst in the health industry
- Expertise in MS Excel and reasonable experience with Structured Query
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Proven experience working with Medicare paid claims data sets. Other applicable data sets include standard CMS files such as the MMR, MOR, and LDS
- Experience in data mining and data transformation/manipulation
- Experience with predictive modeling and statistical analysis
- Ability to build SQL and excel based actuarial models
- Ability to effectively explain and audit model results
- Advanced analytic skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data through complex analysis
- Ability to tell a succinct, meaningful, and actionable story with data using visualization and other techniques
- Solid communication skills (both verbal and written)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
naviHealth, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, combines the talents of our dedicated staff and leading-edge technology to deliver compassionate care to seniors nationwide. With millions of lives touched, we are innovating the way health care is delivered from hospital to home so seniors can lead more fulfilling lives. A career with us means making an impact in the lives of those we serve, including vulnerable populations who benefit from care that is more efficient, more effective and more human. Our environment empowers our team members to elevate our interactions with each other and the experiences we deliver to our patients, giving them more days at home. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Actuarial Specialist, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote