Study Start-up Specialist (R1560126-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Purpose/Objective of the Job
Responsible for activities related to study start up and ongoing study document management. Act as point of contact for local study teams and external stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties
- Independently manages multiple country, study and site level deliverables during start-up and maintenance both within BMS and external business partners and vendors, when required.
- Plans and develops strategy for start-up activities to ensure successful recruitment and delivery to trial milestones
- Prepare Investigator Sites to conduct clinical trials through the review and approval of essential clinical trial and regulatory documents
- Support local regulatory in preparing and performing submissions for Health Authorities including follow up until approval. This includes substantial amendments and any other documentation requiring HA submission.
- Prepare and perform submissions for Ethics Committees including follow up until approval (protocol, amendments/IB and any other documents requiring EC submission).
- Collaborates with other internal roles in country feasibility and site selection.
- Collaborates directly with the BMS internal study teams, external site staff, country ethics
- committees/IRB to ensure tasks and priorities are aligned to the defined study timelines
- Prepare country Informed Consent Form (ICF) and manage country ICF template
- Review and approval of Site ICFs
- Review and approval of Clinical Trial Package (CTP) documentation
- Update national registries as applicable
- Ensures that the electronic Trial Master File (eTMF) contains the relevant Clinical Trial Package (CTP) regulatory documents for site activation and ongoing study management
- When applicable, conduct drug/IMP label review & translation
- Serves as expert on country regulatory requirements and keeps up to date with evolving regulation in collaboration with Regulatory and legal
- May support the collection and distribution of documents from / to sites including obtaining insurance certificates
- May support Health Authority inspection and pre-inspection activities
- May support audit preparation & Corrective Action / Preventative Action preparation for local related issues
- Bachelor's degree required preferably within life sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year industry related experience.
- Thorough understanding of GCP, ICH Guidelines and Country regulatory environment
- In depth knowledge and understanding of clinical research processes, regulations and methodology
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills and independent decision-making ability
- Strong organization and time management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability of critical thinking and risk analysis.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (both in English and local language).
Software that must be used independently and without assistance (e.g., Microsoft Suite)
- Microsoft Suite
- Clinical Trial Management Systems (CTMS)
- Electronic Trial Master File (eTMF)
- Document exchange portals
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.