Coordinator Perishable Equipment (97105)
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Coordinator, Perishable Equipment, you will manage the maintenance and repair of Intermodal’s fleets of perishable protective equipment, which includes mechanically heated and refrigerated containers, and generator containers. You will be accountable to ensure that these fleets operate in a reliable and cost-effective manner.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and managing preventative maintenance, modification and warranty programs for all of Intermodal's perishable equipment in Canada and the United States;
- Analyze equipment performance and failures including the investigation of claims involving perishable loads and equipment (in conjunction with Damage Prevention & Claims Services group) and recommending corrective actions to avoid reoccurrence;
- Coordinate triage activities for loaded equipment failures where customer lading is at risk;
- Manage vendor invoicing activities, including assessing invoices, assigning POs, VIM and IDCS processing;
- Plan and coordinate weekly genset movement with ports, terminals, and customers;
- Provide rotating after hours and weekend coverage to provide timely responses to emergent issues.
- University degree required
- Experience in the handling and repair of perishable protection equipment preferred
- Knowledge of the Intermodal business and/or refrigeration systems is an asset
- Ability to manage a budget/control costs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing critical tasks
- Must be computer proficient
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").