SAP S4 HANA Functional Solution Specialist PaPM GL
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As SAP ERP PaPM/GL solution specialist in Platform Services in the Global Technology Services Corporate Systems group, this individual will lead strategic and transformation initiatives such as 1ERP global transformation. The primary function of this role is intended to take a broad-based view of business processes across core functional domains for both domestic US and global business entities to build solutions on the SAP platform. The primary responsibility will be to leverage his/her deep understanding of the core processes to ensure that the SAP platform is architected, built with fit to standard approach and integrated with cloud applications to support corporate roadmap for customer, employee and enterprise product domains. This individual will deliver best in class out of box capabilities through planning, platform design, and leading development teams and participate in release control to realize the business processes. Core functions are Master Data Management, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay/Acquire to Retire, Record to Report and Central Finance. These functions will be defined as enterprise wide business processes centered around SAP S/4 HANA ERP platform with business functions spanning across other systems and other SAP products such as CRM, BRIM, IBM, CAR, Ariba, SAP Analytics. This role will interface with product owners, agile product teams, platform services and strategy and operations in order to fulfill the stated primary goal.
- Solution Design, Configuration and Architecture: Lead architectural discussions, evaluate the out-of-box capabilities in PaPM/GL for strategic or transformation projects such as 1ERP, which is a multi-year enterprise wide program to simplify Verizon’s ERP functions into a single unified system. Conduct fit to standard analysis for end to end solution design and perform configuration changes to close the gap. Lead development team or managed service framework to complete development and deliver solutions, including new capability upgrades. Engage with product agile teams to review solution and garner signoff or approvals.
- Agile Delivery/Quality Assurance/DevSecOps: Guide teams across IT, business and vendors to deliver disciplined Quality Assurance and solution delivery via Agile methodology. Full responsibility leading functional and performance testing across multiple SAP modules and integration with internal or external systems, build alignment with product agile team to perform user acceptance testing, acquire signoff. Drive quality, speed of delivery and security/data privacy through QA automation and DevSecOps tools adoption. Establish governance to ensure full compliance of audit, controls and security requirements.
- Run and Operate: Own and Lead all facets of platform application maintenance and optimization for ERP applications to ensure product reliability, data quality, reduce cost of ownership and meet SLAs. This includes developing and realizing best practices such as ITIL, Business Continuity, Automation, Run IT like a Factory or implementing best in class tools to drive demand reduction. Lead production deployment, cutover or cloud migration activities with TechOps engineering teams. Engage the vendor for any major production issues, and lead the product development teams on resolution and root cause. Establish plan and measure production support SLAs, ensure security remediation / security by design and deliver Cloud/DevOps modernization. Provide leadership updates, on outage and solution to avoid future production outages.
- Strategic Leadership: Lead innovation and “Build vs Buy” to deliver best-in-class solutions. Develop technical strategic roadmap to drive customer experience and improve operational financial cost controls. Work with vendor to build or innovate capabilities into their product roadmap through participation in SAP conferences, production innovation and design thinking workshops or analyzing latest trends to deliver value added functionality. Deliver enterprise level impact through influencing organization(s) to deliver solutions using the latest trends or technologies.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master’s degree in computer science.
- Five or more years of functional and customization experience working directly with PaPM/GL processes on the SAP S4/HANA platform together with specialized SAP products/add ons such as MDG-DQM, BRIM, Ariba, IBP, PaPM etc and Workday.
- Functional/technical proficiency with at least three full lifecycle SAP and/or ERP implementations.
- Deep knowledge of ERP master data, business processes and technology stack using SAP suite of products and its integration points. Applications include SAP S/4HANA and Cloud (e.g., BRIM, Ariba, IBP).
- Deep experience in SAP processes and customization, S/4HANA, ABAP, SQL, SAP Workflow/Release Strategy, SAP IDOC, SAP LSMW, Fiori/UI5, SQL Connectors.
- Experience in creating on-demand metrics/analytics using SQVI, SQL for the business processes supported.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions to business problems.
- Ability to review code and system configurations to develop a deep understanding of the systems solution that supports the corresponding business process.
- Ability to debug systems to analyze and resolve issues.
- Well versed in researching and identifying SAP Notes to resolve issues.
- Experienced in creating and tracking SAP OSS notes and working with SAP to resolve issues.
- Hands-on access and exposure to the latest technologies.
- Ability to guide other functional and development teams in implementing solutions based on business requirements.
- Leverage DevOps and Agile to deliver solutions.
- Global delivery experience (onshore/offshore).
- Security and vulnerability remediation. Experience with security by design.
- Experience troubleshooting and triaging problem reports, resolving, and escalating as required.
- Desire to learn and apply new technologies where appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business concepts and financials with respect to the IT solutions delivered.
- Experience in business analysis, developing and measuring KPIs and managing projects.
- Experience and knowledge of change management and application maintenance principles, methodologies and tools (e.g., ITIL).
- Possess critical thinking, organizational, research, oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proven leadership skills and capabilities.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding ability to quickly provide sound decisions and recommendations.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.