Release of Information Specialist - Gilbert, AZ
Like you, UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you, we’ll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, and positive for our members and providers. You’ll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you’ll have a chance to make an impact.
The Release of Information Specialist (ROI Specialist) is responsible for processing all release of information (ROI) requests, specifically medical record, and billing requests, in a timely and efficient manner. This role must also ensure accuracy and provide clients and customers with the highest quality product and customer service. At all times, the ROI Specialist must safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are compliant with the request, authorization, client policy, and state and federal laws to include HIPAA regulations. The ROI Specialist engages in direct customer service, when applicable, and must perform duties and conduct interpersonal relationships in a manner designed to project a positive image of the ROI department. Promotes positive customer relations through prompt and courteous service. Review each request for validity according to request type and written guidelines rejects invalid requests/provides timely feedback to requestors regarding non-valid requests for PHI; work with requestor as needed. Maintains knowledge of state laws, fee structures, CPS rules in conjunction with hospital policies. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at Mercy Gilbert Medical Center 3555 S Val Vista Dr Gilbert, AZ 85297.
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive, and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple healthcare terminology
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and knowledge, experience and/or training in accurate data entry, office equipment and procedures
- Ability to know, understand, and apply Release of Information standards, policy and procedures and state and federal HIPAA regulations
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in Health Information Management
- Experience working in a call center
- Experience in Release of Information
- A clerical or administrative support background
- Related experience in healthcare environment
- Experience working within the health care Industry
- Experience working in a hospital, physician's office or medical clinic setting
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Competent use of email, fax machines, copiers
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to apply regulatory requirements to facilitate organizational compliance.
- Effective organizational skills, demonstrating attention to details and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with requestors, i.e., Insurance Companies, Physician Offices, etc. and other stakeholders.
- Ability to perform team-oriented job tasks with a conscientious awareness of detail and accuracy; effective organizational skills; ability to multi-task effectively
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Join us today and we can provide you with meaningful challenge that can result in a strong sense of impact and fulfillment. It’s truly an opportunity to do your life's best works.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #RED