Specialist, Car Maintenance Planning (97148)
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As the Specialist Car Maintenance Planning you will plan the execution and reporting of car maintenance programs, train servicing, and inspection requirements to ensure optimal alignment with customer requirements and service design while complying with regulatory inspection policies. You will also support cross-fleet management from a mechanical perspective. In addition, this position develops business links between Network Mechanical and Car Management by participating and supporting their fleet sizing strategies.
- Manage car repair/modification programs from securing funding to execution of the programs at CPR facilities or at contract shops;
- Manage car fleet performance focusing on car Quality and Cost Control;
- Build, grow and manage the relationship with CP vendors, ensuring contracts are in place, initiating RFP/award for program work, and driving accountability to complete scheduled programs;
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures, Maintenance Instructions, and Modifications as they relate to individual fleets of cars;
- Participate in related AAR committee work and Task Forces as they relate to specific car fleets to drive industry initiative;
- Support Product Design to ensure train servicing inspections meet regulatory requirements through CM422 scheduled inspections, maintaining close liaison with regulators by communicating verbally and in writing regarding changes impacting train inspections;
- Work closely with regulatory affairs to ensure compliance with policies for both Canadian and US operations;
- Manage cars identified for the retirement program and handles to completion by ensuring proper billing and that the cars are inspected for safe movement to destination;
- Evaluate the condition of freight cars offered for lease to CPR and ensures contracts, terms and conditions to meet Mechanical needs;
- Provide timely and responsive support to various internal customers with respect to freight car repair;
- Support the Car Management group with mechanical expertise for decisions dealing with freight car leases including sign off of equipment maintenance provisions and lease turn-back requirements and costs;
- Work to increase recoveries and reduce payables on freight car repair;
- Work with Material Sourcing to improve vendor material quality, generate improved pricing for supply of goods, and increase warranty claims on defective components;
- Trend analysis related to fleet costs, projected life and projected component failure
- Collectively manage AAR Billing Dispo Rule 1 requests;
- Provide railcar Billing, Disposition and assist with allocation of internal CP Shop workloads;
- Assist CP Mechanical Field teams when shop constraints are above capacity for inspections or repair.
- University degree or diploma is preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in railcar or heavy equipment industries;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written);
- Proven planning experience and initiative to drive for results with limited supervision;
- Financial acumen and analysis;
- Analytical/Statistical skills;
- Risk evaluation skills;
- Facilitation skills at an intergroup level, which may involve group on group observation and feedback;
- Ability to influence;
- Results focused, applying oneself to support 24x7 operations;
- Familiar with Microsoft and CP suite of applications;
- Receive training for Certified Freight Car Inspector.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").