Release of Information Specialist- Phoenix, AZ
Like you, UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you, we’ll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, and positive for our members and providers. You’ll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you’ll have a chance to make an impact.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 5:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at St Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center 350 W Thomas Rd Phoenix, AZ 85297 United States
The Release of Information Specialist (ROI Specialist) is responsible for processing all release of information (ROI) requests, specifically medical record, and billing requests, in a timely and efficient manner. This role must also ensure accuracy and provide clients and customers with the highest quality product and customer service. At all times, the ROI Specialist must safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are compliant with the request, authorization, client policy, and state and federal laws to include HIPAA regulations. The ROI Specialist engages in direct customer service, when applicable, and must perform duties and conduct interpersonal relationships in a manner designed to project a positive image of the ROI department. Promotes positive customer relations through prompt and courteous service. Review each request for validity according to request type and written guidelines rejects invalid requests/provides timely feedback to requestors regarding non-valid requests for PHI; work with requestor as needed. Maintains knowledge of state laws, fee structures, CPS rules in conjunction with hospital policies. Performs other duties as assigned.
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive, and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and knowledge, experience and/or training in accurate data entry, office equipment and procedures required; related experience healthcare environment is preferred
- Ability to know, understand, and apply Release of Information standards, policy and procedures and state and federal HIPAA regulations
- Ability to read and comprehend simple, healthcare terminology
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience working within the health care Industry
- Associate degree in Health Information Management
- Experience working in a hospital, physician's office or medical clinic setting
- A clerical or administrative support background
- Experience working in a call center
- Experience in Release of Information
- Ability to perform team-oriented job tasks with a conscientious awareness of detail and accuracy; effective organizational skills; ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to apply regulatory requirements to facilitate organizational compliance.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with requestors, i.e., Insurance Companies, Physician Offices, etc. and other stakeholders.
- Effective organizational skills, demonstrating attention to details and excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Competent use of email, fax machines, copiers
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum360. At Optum360, we're on the forefront of health care innovation. With health care costs and compliance pressures increasing every day, our employees are committed to making the financial side more efficient, transferable and sustainable for everyone. We're part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of companies, making us part of a global effort to improve lives through better health care. In other words, it's a great time to be part of the Optum360 team. Take a closer look now and discover why a career here could be the start to doing your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #RED