Analyst/Specialist Project Accounting (Hybrid)
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Analyst/Specialist position in Project Accounting you will work with various departments to ensure proper accounting and reporting of CP’s investments of over $1billion annually in capital projects. This role contributes at every stage of the project life cycle, including asset creation and retirement.
- Review project proposals and determine appropriate accounting treatment;
- Monthly, quarterly and annual preparation, analysis and presentation of project spend;
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries for all business transactions leading up to the financial statements;
- Perform account analysis and monthly reconciliations of key Balance Sheet accounts;
- Review ongoing projects and setup final assets upon project completion;
- Identify, analyze and reconcile inconsistent information and recommend adjustments where necessary;
- Ensure financial data generation process comply with applicable internal control (SOX) requirements;
- Review complex accounting concerns, in consultation with accounting policy team;
- Identify and analyze process improvement opportunities and implement selected solutions;
- Address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers.
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other relevant fields;
- Accounting designation is required (CFA, CPA (CA/CMA/CGA));
- 3-5 years related work experience;
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- SAP experience is an asset;
- Financial acumen and ability to practically apply financial principles & theories;
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to manage conflicting timelines/requirements and to prioritize;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong verbal and written communication Skills.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Flexible work environment
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
MANAGEMENT CONDUCTOR PROGRAM:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").