Release of information Specialist - National Remote
If you are located within Arizona or Nevada, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Like you, UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you, we’ll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, and positive for our members and providers. You’ll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you’ll have a chance to make an impact.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 5:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- The Release of Information Specialist (ROI Specialist) is responsible for processing all release of information (ROI) requests, specifically medical record, and billing requests, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure accuracy and provide clients and customers with the highest quality product and customer service.
- Must safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are compliant with the request, authorization, client policy, and state and federal laws to include HIPAA regulations.
- Engage in direct customer service, when applicable, and must perform duties and conduct interpersonal relationships in a manner designed to project a positive image of the ROI department.
- Promotes positive customer relations through prompt and courteous service.
- Review each request for validity according to request type and written guidelines rejects invalid requests/provides timely feedback to requestors regarding non-valid requests for PHI; work with requestor as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of state laws, fee structures, CPS rules in conjunction with hospital policies. Performs other duties as assigned.
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive, and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and knowledge, experience and/or training in accurate data entry, office equipment and procedures required
- Ability to know, understand, and apply Release of Information standards, policy and procedures and state and federal HIPAA regulations
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Reside within Nevada or Arizona
- Experience working within the healthcare industry
- Associate degree in Health Information Management preferred
- Experience working in a hospital, physician's office or medical clinic setting
- A clerical or administrative support background
- Experience working in a call center
- Experience in Release of Information highly preferred.
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to apply regulatory requirements to facilitate organizational compliance.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with requestors, i.e., Insurance Companies, Physician Offices, etc. and other stakeholders.
- Effective organizational skills, demonstrating attention to details and excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Competent use of email, fax machines, copiers
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to perform team-oriented job tasks with a conscientious awareness of detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to read and comprehend simple, healthcare terminology
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 - $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.83 - $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW