Supervisor, Heavy Equipment
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Lead a safe, efficient, cost effective work equipment maintenance program within their territory
- Manage, organize and control the resources responsible for the maintenance of work equipment and vehicles in accordance with regulatory requirements and processes.
- Manage the planning and execution of all work equipment repair activities.
- Supervise and monitor the performance of maintainers to ensure the reliability of work equipment as directed by the Manager of Work Equipment;
- Ensure the application of CP safety practices, policies and procedures;
- Monitor financial results expected within their assigned budgets;
- Ensure PPM is scheduled on vehicles and equipment assigned to their area and evaluates inspection reports;
- Implement work processes/changes that achieve continuous improvement;
- Arrange for and prepare condition reports for all work equipment;
- Ensure equipment work order management and maintenance records are kept accurate;
- Maintain cross functional relationships within assigned territory;
- Monitor inventory to safety stock levels;
- Mentor and coach maintainers and machine operators to improve their effectiveness.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent;
- Experience in a railway work equipment maintenance environment is preffered;
- Journeymen certificate as a heavy duty mechanic is preferred;
- Demonstrated capability to apply relevant knowledge and technical skills to monitor adherence to CP policies and standards as well regulatory requirements;
- Rules qualified;
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of CP systems ie SAP;
- Ability to simultaneously manage priorities and ensure delivery of key performance metrics during emergency and non-emergency operations;
- People leadership;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to influence peers, cross functional co-managers and leadership skills.
- 50% travel required, within BC
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
Operating safely is a core foundation of CP. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CP’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessment. A qualification drug test is also required.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").