At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
1. Works on routine manufacturing assignments per written procedures that are complex with on instructions, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
2. Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures.
3. Weighs and checks raw materials. Assembles, cleans and sterilizes process equipment, monitors processes.
4. Completes electronic work instructions and maintains clean room environment to comply with regulatory requirements.
5. Operates all production equipment within the assigned functional area (i.e. Upstream: Media formulation equipment, glass washers, dispensary, bioreactors, harvest equipments or Downstream: Buffer equipment, glass washers, chromatography skids, membrane operations, column packing skids, etc.)
6. Effectively uses process automation systems (i.e. Delta V and Syncade Interactions, OSI/Pi Historian) and some supporting business systems (i.e. SAP. Trackwise, Maximo etc.).
7. Ensures less experienced manufacturing personnel comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and electronic work instructions.
8. Assists with the coordination and implementation of special projects such as validation or complex investigations.
9. Revises and creates process documents with no instructions, supports routine process investigations.
10. Assists with reviewing batch and exception reports for each manufacturing lot in conjunction with Quality representative.
11. Champions areas specific initiatives associated with work safety.
12. Engages in and supports culture of continual improvement through ownership of improvement for work processes, equipment and safe work environment.
- High school diploma is required. Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in science, engineering, biochemistry or related discipline, or its equivalent is desired but not required.
- A minimum of 5 + years process operations experience in a highly automated biotechnology manufacturing facility subject to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations.
- Strong knowledge of either upstream and/or downstream unit operation is essential.
- Practical knowledge of regulations such as GMP and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prior evidence of successful participation on work teams where combined contribution, collaboration, and results were expected
- Demonstrated proficiency in common computer tools such as word processing, spreadsheet and web based applications.
- Previous work experience where attention to detail and personal accountability were critical to success
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, is attentive and approachable.
- Maintains a professional and productive relationship with area management and co-workers.
Bioprocess Specialists will work in teams and have continual interaction with members of his/her team as well as other bioprocess teams throughout the manufacturing process in order to exchange information regarding the batch(s) in process. In addition there will be frequent contact with members of the Quality department with regard to inline sampling and variance investigation. Lesser but also important are interactions with Materials Management and Maintenance staff for supplies and repair of equipment. All Bioprocess Associates/Specialists will have daily contact with her/his supervisory staff for work assignments, coaching and general management discussions. Occasional contact with other line management staff relating to specific project responsibilities may be expected.
Work is performed in a state-of-the-art large scale cell culture facility with classified areas requiring appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). These roles require some contact with hazardous materials such as caustic, and steam.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.