Compensation Specialist (Job Number: 2216983 )
The Compensation Specialist will support the compensation department with system administration including troubleshooting and timely resolutions of compensation system issues. This support also includes overseeing the general department inbox, responding to general inquiries, and monitoring change assignments on a daily basis. Additionally, this position will assist and support compensation analysts with reporting, pay analysis, and special projects as needed. An ongoing focus on compliance activities related to position and pay documentation is required of this position.
Compensation System Support
- Troubleshoot system issues with Compensation Workbench and Oracle. Look for ways to resolve issues timely and efficiently and develop processes to reduce repeat issues.
- Monitor change assignments on a daily basis, update shift differential tables as needed and ensure that pay exceptions are accurately recorded and paid timely.
- Complete market data inquiries from HR Business Partners and provide applicable market pricing information to Compensation analysts as needed.
- Assist with job matching process to make certain that internal positions are matched to the appropriate external benchmark position.
Reporting and Analysis
- Compile pay data and reporting to assist with special projects and analysis as needed.
Department Compliance Activities
- Maintain current department templates to ensure consistent documentation of pay activities.
- Update PDQ folders to make certain that position documentation is intact and accurate.
- Focus on organizing department shared drive so that pay history details can be found quickly.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred with a concentration in Business, Finance, or Human Resources
- CCP certification preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- 2 years' of Compensation, Human Resources, or analytical experience required
- Basic understanding of compensation practices, pay laws, and regulations
- General knowledge or familiarity with compensation systems, preferably Oracle, MarketPay, and ERI
- Intermediate experience with Excel, Access, and Power Point
- Ability to identify and escalate issues when needed
- Ability to diagnose a system issue and be resourceful to solve the issue
- High level of personal integrity including keeping highly sensitive information confidential
- Compliance focused with strong attention to detail and robust organization skills
- Ability to collaborate with department team members and provide support with high sense of urgency
- Customer centric mindset, including the ability to provide a high level of service to HR business partners and operators
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Human Resources
Req ID: 2216983