Import/Export Specialist– International (Location - New Jersey)
Import/Export Specialist– International (Location - New Jersey) (Job Number: 2215844 )
The Import/Export Specialist – International supports all aspects of a freight forwarding operation to include the safe, efficient, and cost-effective transportation of goods (via shipping lines, airlines, road, and operators) keeping in consideration the type of goods and customer delivery requirements. Key responsibilities include monitoring all operational activity to guarantee successful performance of the operations and customer service. Must have ability to supervise other associates as needed, as well as strong customer interaction and communication skills.
Location - Reports to Green Hills/Reading, PA100 Raritan Center Pkwy
Edison NJ 08837
- Handle start to finish processing of shipments
- Interact with overseas agents on shipment planning, pricing, documentation, and quoting
- Act as first level escalation for customer
- Provide ad-hoc quotes to customers
- Assist in new customer implementations
- Prioritize time sensitive situations
- Collaborate with other operations supervisors to execute shipments and deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure customer and department SOP’s and KPIs are adhered to and met
- Track shipments to ensure on time delivery is met.
- Provide relevant current knowledge of routing, packaging, legislation, and other factors that could impact freight movement.
- Handle rate negotiations with carriers on a spot rate basis
- Analyze process data and work on continuous improvements
- Identifying cost savings opportunities for the customer
- Ensuring all business needs are covered including when there are vacations, illness, etc.
- Other projects as assigned by the manager
- 5 years of experience in international logistics or international freight forwarding industry with demonstrated experience moving air/ocean import/export shipments.
- Experience of Dangerous goods by air and/or ocean
- Knowledge of domestic and international transportation regulations, policies and procedures required.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Experience using Cargowise TMS preferred
- Must have strong attention to detail and effective communications skills
- Ability to manage shipment profit/loss
- Must be skilled in Problem Solving / Process Improvement.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive situations
- Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required,
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as Penske personnel
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Headquartered in Reading, Pa., Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies throughout the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, and international freight forwarding and carrier management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations :2364 S. Clinton Ave 2364 S. Clinton Ave
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
Primary Location : United States-New Jersey-South Plainfield
Job : Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.Operations Supervisor
Req ID: 2215844