Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Inventory Specialist
Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Inventory Specialist (Job Number: 2222718 )
As a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Inventory Specialist, you’ll have an opportunity to participate in a unique operation at Penske. You will be responsible in managing the inventory within the DPF Center to control costs and inventory write-offs. You will become a DPF technology expert through hands-on training and mentorship. DPFs are an essential part to our vehicles exhaust system and you will be an essential part to our operations. If you are a motivated individual, willing to learn and interested in joining this unique operation, join our team!
This position is located at the Penske facility at 687 Watson Way, Sparks, NV.
The schedule will be Monday through Friday tentatively 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM.
Pay: $21/hr. - $23/hr. or $43,680/yr. - $47,840/yr., DOE
Penske Moves You Forward - YouTube
- Receive and ship DPF’s using an inventory software to record, track, and maintain all inventory related data.
- Determine if DPF is able to be cleaned and reused or should be disposed as measured against the appropriate baseline.
- Package cleaned DPFs to prep for shipment.
- Oversee and evaluate inventory rotation and management. Conduct cycle counts to ensure accuracy and minimize inventory write-offs.
- Manage phones and emails to assist customers with orders and questions.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the facility. Ensures that parts are organized and properly stored.
- 1 – 2 years of receiving and shipping experience preferred
- 1 – 2 years of mechanical experience in the trucking industry is preferred (automotive or diesel)
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent customer experience skills - phone calls/email communication
- Proficient Microsoft office and computer skills preferred
- Familiarity with data entry systems
- Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required
- Ability to operate machinery/equipment properly and efficiently
- A valid driver’s license
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete a Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 75lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :687 Watson Way 687 Watson Way
Sparks, NV 89431
Primary Location : United States-Nevada-Sparks
Job : Other
Req ID: 2222718