Document Control Specialist
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Specialist is responsible for support from a Subject Matter Expert (SME) standpoint in accordance with Cell Therapy Development Operations (CTDO) policies, standards, procedures and Global cGMP. Functional responsibilities include coordinating the site’s document control process, GMP training, and participating in global quality systems projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the Administrator of the document control database system.
- Review and approve site procedures and documents within the document control system.
- Manage the periodic review program for site documents.
- Support assignment of training curriculums for site personnel.
- Provide back up support to the Training Specialist for Learning Management System functions.
- Drive Quality System harmonization with other sites and teams within CTDO.
- Management of Document Center and physical records.
- Issue and manage logbooks and laboratory forms.
- Provide end user system access training.
- Provides customer support for system and processes.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have experience with cGMP Manufacturing, Quality, and Compliance.
- Directs quality initiatives that accomplish continuous improvement and enhance site quality system efficiencies.
- Must be action-oriented, customer-focused and skilled in decision-making, building relationships, problem solving, conflict management, planning and organizing, resource allocation, coaching others, and analytical thinking.
- Must possess an independent mindset.
- Requires moderate direction to complete more complex tasks; completes routine tasks with little or no supervision.
- Work is self-directed.
- Confident in making decisions for minor issues.
- Routinely recognizes Quality issues and solves problems.
- Proposes solutions for complex issues and works with management to resolve.
- Follows established procedures and performs work as assigned.
- Intermediate to advanced ability to interpret results and situations and articulate recommendations for resolution.
- Is recognized Subject Matter Expert within the group.
- Provides guidance to other employees in interpretation of complex data.
- Capable of providing input within the department and cross functional teams.
- Builds relationships internally within and with cross functional teams.
- Contributes to goals within the work group.
- Able to recognize conflict and notify management with proposed recommendations for resolution.
- Able to prepare written communications and communicate problems to management with clarity and accuracy.
- Able to effectively multi-task and execute project management skills.
- Knowledge of US and global cGMP requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
B.S. degree preferred, minimum of five years of experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry and Management of Document Center and physical records.
Work is performed in a typical office environment, with standard office equipment available and used. Work is generally performed seated but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no abnormal conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
DEFINITIONS AND ABBREVIATIONS:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.