Senior Specialist - Remote Diagnostics
Senior Specialist - Remote Diagnostics (Job Number: 2222407 )
The purpose of this role is to reduce vehicle breakdowns. This will be accomplished in this position by technical fleet reviews to identify fault trends, coordinating repairs with key customers, and generating performance reviews to prompt changing behaviors for internal and external customers. This activity will also assist in the discovery or refinement of scenarios and proactive opportunities.
Work Schedule: Partial Remote (Occasional onsite attendance required)
- Customers range from field personnel, 24/7, corporate depts & external customers such as dispatchers, fleet managers, high-level leaders and possibly drivers.
- Address technical customer concerns. Initial communications are most likely informative in nature, persuasion and sales skills could be utilized and may include billing. Some communication could be escalated.
Key Customer Focus
- Identify key customer opportunities to develop key customer focus program; identify and create processes and follow-up actions. Daily reviews to identify scenario gaps & other at risk units.
- Support updates to customers and the account representatives on performance. Work with customers to grow functionality and fleet-specific opportunities. Similarly, update leadership on program, performance and growth.
- Continuous evaluation of the program to ensure success including receipt of FC information through all levels of the PRD program. Leverage missed opportunity data and apply technical knowledge to understand root cause.
- Use systems, e.g. Qlik, Qliksense, ServiceNet, OEM software and raw data to evaluate number of prevented roadcalls.
ProS team liaison
- Support the technical knowledge and understanding of PRD to the ProS team. Meet on a regular basis to explain program advancements, changes and vision.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s Degree in Diesel Mechanics, Customer Service, Analytics, and/or Telematics preferred
- 3 years of VDA or diagnostic tech experience or comparable fault code experience/knowledge preferred
- 3 years of Microsoft Office experience preferred
- Understanding of fault codes and their meanings
- Understanding of truck mechanics
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to explain technical vehicle applications in simplified terms
- Must be able to adapt to new technologies
- Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate with other team members
- Research and documentation skills
- Ability to integrate ServiceNet data with other data sources
- Must have excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret data
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Kachel Boulevard 100 Kachel Boulevard
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Other Corporate
Req ID: 2222407