Retail Distribution Center Training Specialist
Do you love helping others? Are you a problem-solver who likes to find creative solutions to help others? Do you want to take that creativity and work for a World-Class organization?
The Retail Distribution Center (RDC) Training Specialist is primarily responsible for facilitating RDC Functional Onboarding all Ashley warehouse associates, ensuring associates perform their job duties correctly in compliance with all Company policies and procedures, and meet quality and productivity expectations. In addition, the Training Specialist may conduct professional development offerings for non-production, production, and supervisory associates. The Training Specialist will implement and interpret Course Surveys for the RDC Functional Onboarding program at their respective location. Based upon the results, the Training Specialist will partner with the Business Leaders and Human Resources to improve engagement and retention within the program.
Additional responsibilities include assisting with the training metrics at their respective location. The Training Specialist will have indirect reporting to HR Talent Development to ensure standardization of course material across sites, maintenance & support of training equipment/materials, and leveraging learning industry best practices.
What Will You Do?
- Facilitate RDC Functional Onboarding and certain professional development offerings for associates and supervisors throughout the Ashley Retail organization.
- Maintain RDC Functional Onboarding program materials in partnership with HR Talent Development - Learning Program Specialists, Safety Team and learning experience designers assigned to the onboarding curriculum.
- Orders and stores all program supplies in a dedicated supply room. In addition, the Training Specialist will be responsible for setting the room and individual placemats for each new employee.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver instruction of assigned courses using a variety of teaching methods to facilitate the learning of employees. Depending on program/discipline, courses may be taught in a classroom and/or online and may include different shifts.
- Assess training success/effectiveness. Create and administer evaluations (written, verbal, competency demonstration and hands-on application). Compile the information in a manner that includes making recommendations for improvements in delivery, material, or format.
- Responsible for classroom management including managing attendance, confirming guest presenters, arranging lunches / snacks, and assisting HR Admins.
- Participate in identifying continuous improvement opportunities within the programs delivered.
- Maintain professional knowledge and skills in assigned disciplines, required training certifications, and instructional technology/delivery methods to supports Ashley's overall goals and objectives.
- Perform administrative tasks such as monitoring costs, scheduling classes, setting up systems and equipment and coordinating enrollment.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Organizational Development, English, Technical Communications or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
3 years’ experience in a Training & Development role, required
Experience working on enterprise-level projects and initiatives
Confidence in presenting and facilitating information to large groups of individuals
Certified facilitator of known vendor programs such as Franklin Covey, Ken Blanchard, DDI, etc. or
Ability to obtain within 1 year, required
Who Are We?
We average competitive pay and excellent benefits.
We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.