Repair Specialist (Job Number: 2225822 )
The Repair Specialist will advocate on behalf of Penske Fleet Management’s customer and to reduce outside repair costs through control of repair scope and labor/parts costs. This position allows increased visibility into the payment process and active management of our outside repair spend.
-Negotiate repair scope and parts/labor costs with outside service providers as necessary
-Review invoices for accuracy against estimate
-Seek consultation from major repair specialist for major repairs
-Properly document and process Repair Orders
-Act as a liaison between the servicing location and the customer
-Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
Keywords: Automotive mechanic/technician; Vehicle Maintenance; Diesel mechanic/technician; military; Service Manager; Service Writer; Service Advisor
- 2 or more years of diesel mechanical experience required
- 2 or more years of invoice and estimate review and negotiation required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred
- Ability and willingness to obtain ASE certification within 3 months of employment required. (Penske will assist in training, work study time, and cost to obtain certification)
- Willingness to work in a call center environment required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Other Corporate
Req ID: 2225822