Talent Acquisition Recruiting Assistant (Sourcing Specialist)
Talent Acquisition Recruiting Assistant (Sourcing Specialist) (Job Number: 2226124 )
The Recruiting Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Penske Logistics staffing team with hunting, sourcing and interviewing salaried candidates for various logistics operational leader roles supporting Transportation and Warehouse.
In this hourly role, the recruiting assistant will primarily support processes around candidate sourcing, application screening, and process expediting. Source candidates using company and external sourcing tools and LinkedIn Recruiter seat. Upon finding candidates, the staffing assistant will contacting candidates via phone and email to inform them of the position, conduct a brief phone screening, and direct and assure they formally apply to the Penske job opening.
This position will be a part of our leader recruiting team working on openings across all Penske locations and will work closely with our recruiting manager, as well as partner recruiters. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about discussing careers that can change lives, building relationships over the phone, have high energy and a positive attitude, and who have an attention to detail and capacity to deliver results. In this role you will need to be proficient in the use of technology, being able to capture candidate information via phone while managing multiple screen computer applications.
- Upon direction from a member of Penske’s Staffing team, search for new candidates matching the provided job description.
- May assist recruiter in posting jobs via job boards, college career sites, and state workforce sites.
- Screens resumes from databases and applications from Penske’s Taleo system to identify candidates meeting minimum qualifications.
- May conduct brief phone screening conversations.
- May schedule candidate interviews with hiring managers
- Maintains accurate records on applicant status and provides timely responses to all applicants
- May assist in providing offer letters and initiating/communicating the background screening process for selected candidates.
- Other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor.
Qualified candidates will have:
-Associate's degree equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or minimum one year related experience required.
-Prior demonstrated high-touch customer service and follow-up experience required.
- Prior Taleo or other applicant tracking system experience highly preferred.
-Prior experience in mining candidate resume databases, sourcing tools, and phone screening applicants
- Bilingual, fluent English/Spanish written and verbal communication a plus
-To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Word and Excel, and must be internet savvy.
-A sense of humor is helpful, as this can be a stressful job with competing priorities at any given time
- Qualified candidates must be effective communicators who are not afraid of the phone.
- Candidates who are highly technically savvy (internet, good with internet data research, cell phone/text messaging, etc.) are highly preferred
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Human Resources
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Recruiting Assistant
Req ID: 2226124