Senior Specialist, Flow Cytometry Trainer
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Purpose and Scope
The QC Sr. Specialist, Flow Cytometry Training will support the QC Training Program. They will be responsible for performing On the Job Training for Flow Cytometry and additional lab tasks, Instructor Lead Courses, and develop training materials. Additionally, they will assist with related projects such as training related deviations, CAPAs, and change controls. Good Communication and organizational skills are a requirement. Knowledge of GxP Regulations and how they apply to complex lab workflows is recommended. This position is 100% on-site in Bothell, WA.
- Perform On-The-Job Training (OJT) and Instructor Lead Courses (ILC) for QC Associates
- Primary focus is on Flow Cytometry and/or Cell Biology assays
- Revise and develop training materials to support the QC Training Program
- Support QC department by creating and running reports in ComplianceWire
- Assist in verification of training status for all QC Associates
- Assist with quality systems for training related deviations, CAPAs, and Change Controls
- Participate in internal and external audit reviews of QC Training
- Track and schedule training
- Assist in troubleshooting flow cytometer technical issues and data analysis
- Act as liaison between lab staff and global analytical, science and technology / analytical development subject matter experts
- BS in Science
- 8+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- 1+ year of experience as a trainer
- 2+ years of experience in maintenance and operation of BD FACSCanto
- Working knowledge of QC laboratory operations
- Experienced in flow cytometry cell staining and analysis
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with other departments to meet project milestones and goals
- Experience working in a GMP environment
- Experience in delivering training for flow cytometry and/or cell biology
- Hands-on flow staining and analysis of human primary cells
- Versed in mammalian immunology
- Computer proficiency as well as strong scientific and organizational skills.
- Experience with deviations, CAPAs, and change controls
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, business results-driven environment.
- Strong analytical and communication skills as well as sound judgment, with the ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain flexible intellect and adjust to a dynamic work environment
The starting compensation for this job is a range from $75,000 – $95,000, plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility). The starting pay takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed. Final, individual compensation is decided based on demonstrated experience. For more on benefits, please visit our BMS Careers site. Eligibility for specific benefits listed in our careers site may vary based on the job and location.
#LI-Onsite #BMSCART #Veteran
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.