Claim Specialist - Proximity - Pierre, SD
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise performance
- Annual merit increases
Visit our benefits page for a detailed listing - but here's what you might not find other places:
- Paid Time Off (PTO), plus:
- 5 days of Life Leave to take care of yourself and your family
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Annual Celebration Day to celebrate what's important to you
- Paid Development Time
- 401(k) contribution
- Financial, wellness?and mental health programs
- Tuition Reimbursement/Community College Tuition Program
- Discounts from hundreds of retailers through our Perks at Work program
State Farm's Good Neighbor Culture celebrates diversity and promotes an inclusive environment where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
When you join our team, you can feel good knowing you are helping our customers recover from the unexpected. This position is for a Fire Proximity Claim Specialist, handling accidental and weather-related homeowners, commercial, and large loss claims. You will be the first point of contact to meet with our insureds, explain coverage, estimate damages, and help them through the claims process while providing Remarkable® service.
Where you'll work:
This position is located in Pierre, SD and is responsible for servicing these zip codes:
57312 57379 57324 57350 57385 57386 57353 57335 57382 57383 57384 57381 57348 57455 57636 57564 57325 57533 57562 57339 57341 57466 57531 57536 57538 57567 57661 57540 57475 57520 57566 57579 57365 57534 57355 57569 57369 57544 57570 57572 57622 57652 57317 57529 57547 57548 57560 57623 57630 57501 57523 57528 57552 57580 57521 57522 57543 57553 57568 57532 57541 57571 57576 57584 57585 57345 57442 57537 57633 57450 57473 57555 57574 57563 57370 57371 57373 57559 57625 57656
*Competitive candidates should reside within a reasonable commute of this territory.*
This is a Remote-Field position in which you will work from home and utilize a mobile office/vehicle for in-person appointments.
Hours of operation are continually evaluated and may change based on business need.
Successful candidates are able and willing to work flexible work shifts and may be asked to work overtime and/or irregular hours.
Candidates may be asked to work outside of their assigned territory as business needs dictates.
Competitive Candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Excellent customer service and decision-making skills
- Physical agility to allow for: frequent lifting, carrying, and climbing a ladder; ability to navigate roofs at various heights for inspection of both residential and commercial structures; ability to crawl in tight spaces
- A valid driver's license is required
- Xactimate, XactContents
- Relevant claims adjusting experience and/or construction background
Employees must successfully complete all required training, including applicable licensing exam(s), MVRs and background checks required of various state(s).
Come join the Neighborhood and do some good!
Visit State Farm Careers for more information on our benefits , locations , and the hiring process .