Claim Specialist - Proximity - Ottumwa, Iowa
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise performance
- Annual merit increases
Visit our benefits page for a detailed listing - but here's what you might not find other places:
- Paid Time Off (PTO), plus:
- 5 days of Life Leave to take care of yourself and your family
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Annual Celebration Day to celebrate what's important to you
- Paid Development Time
- 401(k) contribution
- Financial, wellness?and mental health programs
- Tuition Reimbursement/Community College Tuition Program
- Discounts from hundreds of retailers through our Perks at Work program
State Farm's Good Neighbor Culture celebrates diversity and promotes an inclusive environment where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
When you join our team, you can feel good knowing you are helping our customers recover from the unexpected. This position is for a Fire Proximity Claim Specialist, handling accidental and weather-related homeowners, commercial, and large loss claims. You will be the first point of contact to meet with our insureds, explain coverage, estimate damages, and help them through the claims process while providing Remarkable® service.
Where you'll work:
This position is located in Ottumwa, IA and is responsible for servicing these zip codes:
52570 52535 52565 52630 52620 50171 52325 50242 52222 52316 52361 52334 52221 52251 50027 50044 50219 50136 50207 52531 52543 52567 52577 52550 50104 52554 52566 52335 52536 52563 52585 52530 52571 50255 52355 52562 52586 52595 50256 52248 52556 52591 52533 52557 52534 50119 50268 52561 50143 52553 52576 52580 52588 52231 52501 52548 52573 52552 52594 52549 52626 52537 52584 52651 52551 52542 52649 52593 52560 52555 52572 52544 52759 52236 52322 52359 52327 52641 52621 52635 52356 52353 52540 52654 52247
*Competitive candidates should reside within a reasonable commute of this territory.*
This is a Remote-Field position in which you will work from home and utilize a mobile office/vehicle for in-person appointments.
Hours of operation are continually evaluated and may change based on business need.
Successful candidates are able and willing to work flexible work shifts and may be asked to work overtime and/or irregular hours.
Candidates may be asked to work outside of their assigned territory as business needs dictates.
Competitive Candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Excellent customer service and decision-making skills
- Physical agility to allow for: frequent lifting, carrying, and climbing a ladder; ability to navigate roofs at various heights for inspection of both residential and commercial structures; ability to crawl in tight spaces
- A valid driver's license is required
- Xactimate, XactContents
- Relevant claims adjusting experience and/or construction background
Employees must successfully complete all required training, including applicable licensing exam(s), MVRs and background checks required of various state(s).
Come join the Neighborhood and do some good!
Visit State Farm Careers for more information on our benefits , locations , and the hiring process .