Safety Specialist - Focus on DOT & Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
Safety Specialist - Focus on DOT & Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (Job Number: 2300680 )
We are seeking an experienced transportation safety professional who likes to function independently and use their own ideas and skills to determine their success. This is a key position that leads and serves as a DOT Subject Matter
Expert in our safety efforts with our significant customer base plus our company service shops located in the (Northwest US, including Washington, Oregon, Northern California, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming). This position helps drive customer safety and compliance plus supports efforts of our sales and leasing operations initiatives.
The qualified candidate must be professional, possess good management skills, and public speaking skills. A good working knowledge of OSHA regulations, computer skills and prior experience and thorough knowledge of DOT regulations a must.
The position can be based near or in (Portland, OR or Seattle, WA). This position requires extensive travel and scheduling flexibility. Occasional Saturday work is required. Company vehicle and laptop are provided.
- Candidate will have complete responsibility for facility safety inspections, OSHA and DOT compliance, customer and company safety meetings, customer and company driver meetings, accident/injury investigations and other safety related duties.
- Develop safety initiatives, support customer safety and compliance inquiries, conduct group training and meetings, monitor compliance, conduct accident investigations and evaluate loss trends.
- Other projects as assigned by the Director of Safety
- MUST have thorough knowledge of DOT Regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- 5 years of Management Experience in safety, compliance, transportation, or maintenance
- Strong customer interaction skills and experience
- Knowledge of OSHA and Worker’s Compensation
- Strong Presentation skills in large group environments
- Computer skills required- PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word
- Availability to work occasional Saturday's conducting driver and customer meetings
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Primary Location : United States-Washington-Seattle
Job : Risk Management/Safety
Req ID: 2300680