Security Product Specialist
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In this role, you are considered a security Subject Matter Expert (SME) while consulting and selling complex managed security solutions and services to "C" level executives. You have strong business acumen to develop, lead, and close sales opportunities with our mid-market customers.
- Partnering to identify, develop, and close additional opportunities at existing clients & work with sales team to close.
- Identifying all the key technical influencers and present the Verizon value proposition to executive level clients.
- Articulating Verizon value proposition to all levels within a customer's organization.
- Mapping customer's identified business and technical issues to Verizon solutions.
- Identifying technical (Verizon or customer) barriers to sale.
- Identifying and coordinating Verizon internal resources required to develop customer solution.
- Assisting customers in their evaluation of Verizon products and services.
- Conducting educational sessions with groups within the customers' organization.
- Ensuring there is clear documentation of customer project needs.
Where you will be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
The main location for this role is AZ however applicants can be located in NV, CA, OR, WA, HI, AK or UT.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience in technology sales.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Experience in Cyber Intelligence and Analytics.
- Experience in Critical Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Global Managed Security Services.
- Knowledge of Threat and Risk Intelligence.
- Experience in Security and Network Architecture.
- Experience in Identity and Access Management.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefit options including: medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, basic life insurance, supplemental life insurance, AD&D insurance, identity theft protection, pet insurance and group home & auto insurance. We also offer a matched 401(k) savings plan, stock incentive programs, 8 company paid holidays and up to 6 personal days per year, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. Newly hired employees receive up to 15 days of vacation per year, which grows with additional service. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Washington work location, the salary range for this position is between $130,000 and $242,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is a commission-based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.