Specialist Global Trade Compliance (remote based in Europe)
Organon is a Women’s Health Company that believes in a better and healthier every day for every woman. We are a passionate, global community of thousands dedicated to redefining the future of women’s health. Our mission is to deliver impactful medicines and solutions for a healthier every day. But what really makes it work at Organon is our people.
We’re looking for real, passionate team players, curious innovators, forward thinkers, empowered by the idea of shaping their career, and ready to bring their fire to embrace change and the opportunities it brings for progress. At Organon, you’ll get to enjoy the best of both worlds: the open, agile, collaborative culture of a start-up, and operating at the scale of a fortune 500 company with an international footprint that serves people in more than 140 markets.
For our Global Logistics Services team, we are looking for an:
Specialist Global Trade Compliance (remote based in Europe)
Purpose of the role
This position sits within Global Logistics Services team (GLS), complementing the Global Trade Compliance group and reporting to the Associate Director Global Trade Compliance (GTC). In this role you will be responsible for customs compliance data management and own processes and guidelines to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations for import/export across the different regions as well as develop relevant analytics.
Welcome to the team
Global Logistics Services (GLS) is part of Global Operations organization within the company’s Manufacturing and Supply (OMS), and responsible for Global Trade Compliance, Global Freight Forwarding, Product Handling, Warehouse and Distribution support, as well as Sustainability. The Global Trade Compliance group is a central function with the ultimate objective to have our products delivered efficiently and in compliance with all applicable legislation, under an optimal operation and through a proactive approach and with the partnership of the Regional Operations and Trade Compliance functions.
- Assist in the development of policies, standards and global import/export processes while work towards continuous improvements and driving best practices.
- Research all applicable regulations to import/export operations applicable to the industry and products of Organon including but not limited to licensing and authorizations.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in issues related to trade sanctions and controls.
- Own and monitor the Denied Party Screening process within Global Trade Services module, lead any potential investigations and coordinate remediation approach in collaboration with Legal, Ethics and Compliance and other functions involved.
- Support the commodity code and dual use classification scope on global level and maintain such data across internal tools and systems.
- Work closely with regional experts across Technology, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Operations, Transportation to develop a global sustainable compliance process and represent the department as a subject matter expert.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree on International Trade, Global Tax, Logistics, Supply Chain Management
- 3-5 years of experience in an import/export role with knowledge of trade compliance processes and the interplay with global supply chain
- Knowledge or experience of at least one of the following regulatory environments: Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Health Care, Fast Moving Consumer Goods framework.
- International trade business acumen including trade sanctions, embargo control management, anti-boycott controls, tariff classifications management, dual use items and export controls.
- Experience with SAP ECC / S4 HANA / GTS on customs compliance management is required.
- Attention to detail, good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Will be required to use MS Office and other common desktop software applications.
- English is the working language (additional language skills are considered a plus)
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic, and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Competitive salary and a 3% year-end bonus.
- 35,5 days of leave.
- Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates.
- Solid Pension Plan.
- Incentive Plan (bonus);
- Commuting allowance.
- Parental leave for both parents.
- Numerous trainings, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development.
Who We Are:
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions. Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from candidates with a diverse background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our applicants.
If you require reasonable accommodation(s) in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Organon LLC, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Annualized Salary Range
Travel Requirements: Organon employees must be able to satisfy all applicable travel and credentialing requirements, including associated vaccination prerequisites
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1