Sr Specialist, Veeva Integrations - Field Enablement
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This position is for a primary Commercial Integration technical Lead who has a strong hands-on technical integrations development & administration experience in Salesforce.com, Veeva CRM and Veeva Vault integrations.
- Strong hands-on technical development and administration experience in Salesforce.com (sales cloud preferred), Veeva CRM and Veeva Vault integrations.
- (Configuration & Customization of different integration patterns using various technologies covering CRM and Events management functions).
- Strong technical expertise to support architecture, design, build, assemble tech components, testing and deployment for variety of business requirements.
- Strong desire/capability to quickly learn new technologies, self-contribute & able to lead a small group of developers (3-5).
- Write/enhance reusable components in cloud technologies like Lambda.
- Partner with the testing team to ensure applications/components are fully functional.
- Review, track, and fix any defects or performance problems discovered in testing.
- Should be able to effectively coordinate with all stakeholders (cross-functional teams) and instrument for the best-in-class solution implementations.
- Should be able to work directly with multiple stakeholders and work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously from technical perspective.
- Analyze existing processes and make best practice & improvement recommendations to streamline any of the existing processes which should be harmonized globally.
- Should be able to demonstrate and explain the functionality outcome of solution implementations.
- Should be able to clearly document Knowledge Base Docs, Standard Operating Procedures, Solutions, and guidelines for local and global teams.
- Effective and clear communication from/to the technical team for any issues that may affect the deliverables & timelines.
- Coordinate and ensure all the standard documentations such as System Design Documents, Configuration tracker, Deployment checklists, Change Requests, Testing, Quality Management tasks are documented and continuously maintained.
- Ensure to effectively use the CI/CD processes to streamline and integrate with the Agile ways of working/delivery.
- Ensure to follow all the best practices in every stage of SDLC/Agile, and consistent architecture practices across deliverables using IT operating model and Enterprise Architecture frameworks are followed by instituting the Configuration management principles on the Veeva commercialization.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance & coaching to the technical team.
- Should be able to coordinate for code and quality management reviews.
- Partner with the upstream & downstream Integration teams for the end-to-end implementations.
- Should be able to closely work with multiple peers spread across different locations globally (BMS and Service providers).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 7 years of total IT experience in Software Development, Administration and Support.
- 5 years of hands-on experience in salesforce.com (sales cloud), Veeva CRM and Veeva Vault integration work using either of following technologies: informatica or any other industry standard ETL Tool, MuleSoft, AWS technologies like Lambda and API Gateway
- 3 years of experience in (i) Software Development Life Cycle methodologies including Agile and Waterfall, (ii) different testing standards and guidelines, (iii) Validated and regulated systems in Life Science domain, and (iv) Cloud and native applications.
- 1 year of experience in implementation/working of Cloud ESB (preferably MuleSoft)
- At least 2 active Certifications in either of Informatica, MuleSoft, AWS developer.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and communication skills.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- Prior experience in life sciences, healthcare, or related industry.
- Experience using any CI/CD tool & processes to manage end-to-end development/deployment cycle.
- Veeva CRM Certification.
- Experience using any of industry standard Agile tooling suites (e.g., Jira), and working knowledge in requirement grooming sessions, Sprint planning, Sprint Retrospective, tasks creation, and collaborating with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with a broad matrix team and ability to influence others and achieve results.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.