Claims Specialist - Property Field Inspection - Detroit Metro, MI
Being good neighbors - helping people, investing in our communities, and making the world a better place - is who we are at State Farm. It is at the core of how we operate and the reason for our success.
Check out What It's Like in Claims Field Services and see what makes us great!
We offer a surprisingly great Compensation Package:
Starting salary is between $ 50,999.65 - $92,377.68, ($25.31-$45.85 hourly) based on skills and qualifications, with the high end of the range limited to applicants with significant relevant experience.
Because work-life-balance is a priority at State Farm, compensation is based on our standard 38:45-hour work week!
This position is eligible for a $3,000 Sign-on Bonus AND up to $2,000 in Welcome Bonuses throughout the first year of employment!
In addition to competitive a salary, you are also eligible for:
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise performance
- Annual merit increases
Visit our benefits page for a detailed listing - but here's what you might not find other places:
- Paid Time Off (PTO), plus:
- 5 days of Life Leave to take care of yourself and your family
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Annual Celebration Day to celebrate what's important to you
- Paid Development Time
- 401(k) contribution
- Financial, wellness?and mental health programs
- Tuition Reimbursement/Community College Tuition Program
- Discounts from hundreds of retailers through our Perks at Work Program
State Farm's Good Neighbor Culture celebrates diversity and promotes an inclusive environment where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
When you join our team, you can feel good knowing you are helping our customers recover from the unexpected. This position is for a Property Field Inspection Claims Specialist , handling accidental and weather-related homeowne rs, commercial, and large loss claims. You will be the first point of contact to meet with our insureds, explain coverage, estimate damages, and help them through the claims process while providing Remarkable® service.
Where you'll work:
This position is located in Detroit Metro, MI. and is responsible for servicing the following zip codes: 48208 48226 48229 48238 48217 48218 48202 48216 48201 48203 48223 48221 48204 48206 48235 48227 48125 48141 48228 48120 48124 48127 48126 48146 48209 48210 48122 48128
Competitive candidates should reside within a reasonable commute of this territory.
This is a Remote-Field position in which you will work from home and utilize a mobile office/vehicle for in-person appointments.
Hours of operation are continually evaluated and may change based on business need. Successful candidates are able and willing to work flexible work shifts and may be asked to work overtime and/or irregular hours. Candidates may be asked to work outside of their assigned territory as business needs dictates.
Competitive Candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Excellent customer service and decision-making skills
- Physical agility to allow for: frequent lifting, carrying, and climbing a ladder; ability to navigate roofs at various heights for inspection of both residential and commercial structures; ability to crawl in tight spaces
- A valid driver's license is required
- Xactimate, XactContents
- Relevant claims adjusting experience and/or construction background
Employees must successfully complete all required training, including applicable licensing exam(s), MVRs and background checks required of various state(s).
Come join the Neighborhood and do some good!
Visit State Farm Careers for more information on our benefits , locations , and the hiring process .