Project Control Specialist
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
oWhat you'll be doing...
At Verizon, we don't wait for the future, we build it! Join the industry leader in Network and Telecommunications Services as we embark on transforming our nation's critical communications infrastructure and the FAA's National Airspace System (NAS) network.
As a member of our FAA Enterprise Network Services (FENS) team, you will bring your passion, education and experience to this critical mission and interact directly with decision-makers and government staff who are tasked with ensuring the nation's air transportation system's underlying communications infrastructure is secure and always available. We are hiring skilled and energetic candidates to work alongside the best and brightest employees on a long-term career opportunity to design, build and operate the next generation NAS network supporting the busiest, most complex aerospace system in the world.
Your role within our Business office will concentrate on:
• Creating Purchase Requisitions (PRs) for all contract transactions
• Analyzing Program's Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) against Task Orders (TOs) and their funding balances to ensure financial health from inception to completion focusing on maintaining a positive cash flow
• Projecting TOs' funds depletion, compile list of monthly TO funds depletion, and provide information to project control lead to be folded into customer projected funds depletion communications
• Managing subcontractor TO funding
• Creating account charge numbers, compiling/verifying/reconciling period time reporting for accuracy and assisting with corrective actions
• Running period end timecard report and analyze labor charges accuracy aginst TO approved staff; if an anomoly occurs develop corrective action approach; upon supervisor approval, implement plan
• Providing TO financials at period close to be included in customer required monthly report & quarterly program management reviews (QPMRs)
• Solving problems with limited supervision and as a member of the business team
• Engaging with technical, contractual, and matrixed staff to solve tactical and strategic challenges
• Analyzing processes for efficiency and assembling/presenting recommendations for improvement
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have...
- Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Ability to obtain US Public Trust clearance
Even better if you have one or more of the following...
• Proven ability to solve complex problems by isolating the core issue, addressing the concern, and assembling options for the team to consider
• Strong written and verbal communicator capable of articulating financial information to an audience with diverse professional backgrounds in-person and remotely
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently to fulfill customer requirements
• Experience using MS Office including Project, Google Office, an enterprise accounting system, EVM tool, and SharePoint
• Experience supporting the federal government
• Managed and negotiated with internal and external organizations
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.