Work Where it Matters
Talu, an Akima company, is not just another federal facilities contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Talu, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , Talu provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , Talu delivers a single contract and, more importantly, a single point of contact and accountability to handle all customer needs from planning to artwork to medical equipment to IT.
As a Talu employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Talu is looking for a dynamic Communications Specialist to join our team in Suitland MD in support the US Census Bureau.
- Liaison with Census leadership and Subject Matter Experts within the division to develop:
- Orientation plans and schedules for Census employee re-entry
- FAQs for employees re-entering the new workspace.
- Develop an Electronic Employee Guide/Handbook
- Serve as the Primary POC with the Census Bureau's Communications Directorate
- Assist with keeping Census employees abreast of CRI developments through internal Census communication channels (e.g., Sharepoint, Census CounterParts stories, etc.
- Participate in meetings with the Communications Directorate on the status of the CRI project initiatives.
- Provide written content to the Census Communication Directorate regarding key milestones for CRI programs (e.g., Neighborhood by Design, Reservation System Pilots, etc.)
- Make recommendations to Census Senior Leadership on messaging, best practices for communicating to a large workforce, and assist with facilitating and developing materials for Census Town Halls, Division Chief briefings, specific meetings, etc.
- A bachelor's degree in communications or related field degree
- 5-7 years' experience in client communications
- 5-10 years of MS Office experience
- Two or more years of SharePoint experience
- Previous work with large organizations or government agencies (state, federal, or local)
- Marketing & advertising experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Business Administration
Clearance: Able to Obtain Public Trust
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: Hybrid
Req ID: TAL00285