Claim Specialist - Auto Injury - Proximity
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise performance
- Annual merit increases
- 401(k) contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO), plus: 5 days of Life Leave to take care of yourself and your family, Paid Volunteer Time, and an Annual Celebration Day to celebrate what's important to you!
- Industry leading Tuition Assistance Programs
- Wellness ? and mental health programs
- Discounts from hundreds of retailers through our Perks at Work program
Where you'll work:
This position is responsible for servicing the location of North Fort Myers, Florida.
Competitive candidates should reside within a commutable distance of this territory.
This is a Remote-Field position in which you will work from home and utilize a mobile office/vehicle for in-person appointments.
Hours of operation are continually evaluated and may change based on business need. Successful candidates are able and willing to work flexible work shifts and may be asked to work overtime and/or irregular hours. Candidates may be asked to work outside of their assigned territory as business needs dictates.
Being good neighbors - helping people, investing in our communities, and making the world a better place - is who we are at State Farm. It is at the core of how we operate and the reason for our success. Come join a #1 team and do some good!
Grow Your Skills, Grow Your Potential
When you join our team, you can feel good knowing you are helping our customers recover from the unexpected. This position is for a field role in which you will have In Person assignment(s) claims handling. Examples of In Person assignments would be customer facing tasks (such as securing documentation, money, etc) and legal appearances (small claims court, etc). Once In Person assignments are completed, you would then transition to claim handler for 3rd party liability claims (evaluating, negotiating, and settling claims).
Handles non-Total Loss property claims that involve injuries; may include lawsuits and/or demands as well as working with Attorneys
Claims will be tiered within Injury based upon their claim characteristics and complexity
Tiering of claims allows us to match the claim characteristics and complexity of the claim with the skill sets of our claim handlers
Claims employees may occasionally deal with difficult and emotional investigations which include traumatic injury and loss of life
In this role, you will investigate a high volume of complex auto injury claims across multiple jurisdictions. On a daily basis, you will conduct an analysis of your new auto injury claim assignments and develop investigative plans based on the needs of each claim.
Your investigations will include:
- Investigating, evaluating, negotiating, and settling auto claims in an assigned area to include verification of coverage, legal liability and extent of damage to persons and property, which may require contact by telephone, correspondence, in person, or various electronic media
- Applying knowledge of policies, procedures, laws, statutes, and insurance regulations when determining coverage, liability, damages of injury (first and third party) and property damage
- Recognizing and reviewing claims requiring specialized handling, including identifying issues that may require the use of independent experts or vendors
- Using various electronic resources for claim handling
- Working in partnership with and provides instruction to claim associates
- Most importantly delivering a remarkable customer experience through handling claims involving injury
Competitive candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills along with high competence in the following: Adaptability, Customer Focus, Decision Making/Judgment, Relationship Building, Technical/Functional Expertise
- Must be willing to work flexible work shifts as operation dictates
- May work irregular hours, including weekends and holidays, based on workload and job requirement
- Need valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Physical agility to lift ladders
Preferred/Desired Skills, Education, Knowledge, Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Claim handling experience, preferably PIP/MPC (first party medical) or third party injury claims
- Civil litigation/legal experience
- Bodily injury and property damage liability claims, as well as uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage claims
HOURS OF OPERATION: The anticipated hours of operation will be 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., customer time. Employees may be expected to work outside these core hours, based on workload, in person tasks, and job requirements. Employees' work schedules may change based on business need.
TRAINING: Selected candidates must be available for mandatory, paid training, Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30 pm for 10-12 weeks. Toward the end of training, employees will receive their regular, assigned work schedules. Training location may differ from physical office location.
TELEPHONE MONITORING: Positions are subject to telephone monitoring and/or recording for quality assurance and training purposes.
Employees must successfully complete all required training, including applicable licensing exam(s), MVRs and background checks required of various state(s).
Come join the Neighborhood and do some good!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!