Claims Specialist - Property Field Inspection - Chicago Central/Metro, IL/Large Loss
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise performance
- Annual merit increases
Visit our benefits page for a detailed listing - but here's what you might not find other places:
- Paid Time Off (PTO), plus:
- 5 days of Life Leave to take care of yourself and your family
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Annual Celebration Day to celebrate what's important to you
- Paid Development Time
- 401(k) contribution
- Financial, wellness?and mental health programs
- Tuition Reimbursement/Community College Tuition Program
- Discounts from hundreds of retailers through our Perks at Work Program
State Farm's Good Neighbor Culture celebrates diversity and promotes an inclusive environment where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
When you join our team, you can feel good knowing you are helping our customers recover from the unexpected. This position is for a Property Field Inspection Claims Specialist, handling accidental and weather-related homeowners, commercial, and large loss claims. You will be the first point of contact to meet with our insureds, explain coverage, estimate damages, and help them through the claims process while providing Remarkable® service.
Where you'll work:
This position is located in Chicago Central Central, Metro. IL. and surrounding areas. This is a Large Loss position. Candidates are required to live in the following zip code area:
60076 60153 60202 60607 60640 60804 60104 60165 60191 60203 60305 60614 60623 60630 60659 60714 60068 60155 60602 60604 60613 60622 60626 60639 60641 60647 60018 60101 60126 60164 60546 60610 60612 60616 60625 60642 60644 60645 60646 60056 60131 60141 60171 60201 60601 60605 60712 60016 60106 60302 60304 60606 60608 60618 60631 60651 60656 60657 60660 60005 60130 60143 60160 60173 60176 60208 60611 60624 60654 60707 60007 60008 60053 60077 60301 60402 60603 60634 60661 60666 60706 60632 60638
This is a Remote-Field position in which you will work from home and utilize a mobile office/vehicle for in-person appointments.
Hours of operation are continually evaluated and may change based on business need. Successful candidates are able and willing to work flexible work shifts and may be asked to work overtime and/or irregular hours. Candidates may be asked to work outside of their assigned territory as business needs dictates.
Competitive Candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Excellent customer service and decision-making skills
- Physical agility to allow for: frequent lifting, carrying, and climbing a ladder; ability to navigate roofs at various heights for inspection of both residential and commercial structures; ability to crawl in tight spaces
- A valid driver's license is required
- Xactimate, XactContents
- Relevant claims adjusting experience and/or construction background
Employees must successfully complete all required training, including applicable licensing exam(s), MVRs and background checks required of various state(s).
Come join the Neighborhood and do some good!
Visit State Farm Careers for more information on our benefits , locations , and the hiring process .