Sr. Brand Technical Specialist Intern 2024
Ranked by Forbes as one of the world’s best employers in 2022, IBM promotes growth and innovation to lead as we enter the era of hybrid cloud and AI – helping clients transform their business.
As a Sr. Brand Technical Specialist intern, you will be a member of a sales team as a consultative sales intern advising prospective clients on the benefits of IBM’s solutions. You will be directly impacting the world’s most influential enterprises
and brands on the adoption of next-generation platforms.
This is a summer 2024 position. IBM’s comprehensive Sales Intern Program and industry-leading learning culture will prepare you with a strong foundation for client success and skills to take with you at the conclusion of the internship. Our sales environment is collaborative and experiential.
You'll be surrounded by bright minds and keen co-creators ready to assist as you apply practices that will compel our clients to invest in IBM's products and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll grow skills to become a subject matter expert and collaborate with colleagues across the wider Sales team to advise and support client engagements throughout the sales process.
A 'Day-in-the Life' of a Sr. Technical Sales Specialist intern may include, but not be limited to:
- Growing skills and knowledge in consultative sales, technical solutions, and industry applications to apply during client engagements.
- Developing approaches for clients to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven technology solutions.
- Defining and detailing feasible IBM solutions that complement and enhance clients’ existing tech stacks.
- Delivering proof of concepts and simplifying difficult, technical topics into understandable client education.
- Confidence to engage new customers and deliver an elevated experience.
- Motivation to achieve sales, business objectives and high client satisfaction.
- Aptitude to utilize selling technologies to network, engage clients, and identify new business opportunities.
- Embrace curiosity and a growth mindset.
You may work with any of the following technologies: Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Cloud and Cognitive, Internet of Things, Security, or Systems Hardware.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Registered graduate university student.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, M.I.S., or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Information Systems/Engineering.
- Conversant and knowledgeable about technology, industry trends, and its application to address business challenges.
- Experience translating business requirements into technology solutions.
- Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated team collaboration and leadership.
- Willingness to travel based on business need - up to 10%.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Programming coursework or experience a plus.
- Prior work experience in client sales or service.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM