Project Controls Specialist - Level III-V - Department of Energy (DOE) - CNS/Pantex
Work Where it Matters
Akima Infrastructure Services (AIS), an Akima company, is not just another staffing contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AIS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AIS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AIS supports vital missions with the most in-demand and specialized skill sets in the world.
As an AIS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options
Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS) , is actively seeking Engineering, Professional, Technical, and administrative support personnel as part of our staff augmentation team supporting the Department of Energy at the Y-12 National Security Complex located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and the Pantex Plant located in Amarillo, Texas.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance Y-12's core mission to ensure a safe, secure, and reliable U.S. nuclear deterrent, which is essential to national security. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction and assignments from Y-12 staff employed directly by the security complex. Pay, benefits, Human Resources, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
- Planner, Scheduler, Project Controls - Provide support which includes P6 experience, schedule development and maintenance, cost analysis and control, earned value measurement, and reporting.
- Reviews and analyzes the status of assigned projects for the purpose of cost reporting. Evaluates project cost against project budgets.
- Provides clear and accurate cost information to management. Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Reviews and analyzes the status of assigned projects for the purpose of cost reporting.
- Evaluates project cost against project budgets.
- Provides clear and accurate cost information to management.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Handles the most complex issues.
- BA/BS Degree plus 10-14 years direct experience require, or MA or MS with 10-13 years' experience (level will depend on education and experience).
- Able to obtain DOE 'Q' Clearance
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Program & Project Management
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Clearance: Able to Obtain DOE Q
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AIS00695