Senior Specialist, HR Solutions Compensation Fellowship (Hiring Our Heroes) (Hybrid)
We are excited to be a sponsor of Hiring our Heroes and proud to offer transitioning service members a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience through our 12-week fellowship program.
During your fellowship with our company, you will have the chance to collaborate with our Veterans Leadership Network and receive support from various stakeholders within the organization. To ensure your success, each fellow is paired with a buddy who will provide guidance, mentorship, and different perspectives. Additionally, you will have access to a career development advisor who will offer support and guidance in managing your career.
As a fellow, you will be part of a Cohort consisting of other transitioning service members. This will enable you to engage in weekly touchpoints, attend educational sessions, and receive direction from our Veteran Talent Program Lead throughout the Fellowship. Our primary objective is to provide you with mentoring, networking opportunities, and exposure to help facilitate a successful transition into a full-time position within our company.
With our generous military-friendly policies, we've received accolades from several organizations such as GI Jobs, Military Times EDGE, and Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR). Consider a future with us and discover an employer who will foster your best work as you continue to strive for the well-being of others.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, and teamwork to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
The Senior Specialist, HR Solutions Compensation has responsibility for support and ongoing management of HR Solutions and systems in support of Compensation processes. This position works closely with others in Compensation Operations, IT, the Compensation Center of Excellence (CoE) and divisional HR to manage the bi-annual progression promotion cycles, enhancements, and upgrades to current HR systems enabling compensation capabilities.
This position works closely with these groups to identify and recommend alternative solutions, leveraging existing HR tools and technologies. This role operates in a complex and matrixed environment and is expected to apply HR functional and technical expertise to drive performance. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished HR team member with project or operational team experience working globally.
Your Fellowship Project
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Compensation technology environment, with a strong focus on Workday extend in support our cyclical progression promotion processes, including configuration, testing, and support.
- Participates in strategy/process design sessions to consult on solutions (both existing and new) that will best achieve desired strategic outcomes.
- Participates in large and small projects, ongoing enhancements, upgrades, and annual compensation processes, and ensures support issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Preparation and execution of the bi-annual progression promotion cycles.
- Support Tier 3 issue resolution related to compensation.
- Support any merger and acquisition elements from a compensation perspective.
- Assist IT organization in support of integrations supporting compensation and payroll providers.
- Support the development/updates to systems and support needed by our global support centers
- Creates/updates required Data Privacy forms for all relevant objects requiring data; works with Data Privacy Office and data steward to obtain Local and Global Data Privacy and works council approvals as needed.
- Works with process/functional lead and test leads to define the test strategy and test plan and ensure execution of user testing.
Experience/Skills We are Looking for:
Required Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in an HR/HRIS/IT/Operations function.
· Ability to quickly assesses business needs to identify opportunities where HR/HRIS processes or systems can further the strategy or streamline processes.
· Workday functional knowledge (Core and Advanced Compensation, Core HCM, Extend) and/or very strong annual compensation process knowledge.
· Ability to translate end-user requirements into technical functionality and vice versa.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
· Ability to act as a change agent and lead others through change.
· Ability to project lead and manage in a deadline-driven environment.
· Demonstrated competencies in relationship management, facilitation, influencing skills and working globally as well as cross-functionally.
· A team-oriented style and a collaborative approach to getting work done. Ability to be hands-on and entrenched in the details when necessary.
· Ability to seek direction when needed as well as in working independently/self-directed with limited and/or an evolving set of available information.
Primary Work Site/Schedule
· On-site work locations: West Point, PA, Rahway, NJ; Hybrid schedule
· Monday-Thursday (Core hours: 9:00 am – 4:40 pm, flexible start and stop)
Requirement: Transitioning Service Members who is participating in the Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program