EV Program Specialist
- Develop, manage and lead cross functional objectives for successfully achieving companywide ESG targets for net carbon neutrality by 2035.
- Standing up a new and industry leading depot and home charging program for our national home, pool, and depot operations with multiple operational models.
- Lead data analytics and modeling of Verizon Fleet vehicles using telematics and GPS reports to future proof and optimize our operation.
- Monitor program and industry trends against key related KPI's to adjust program plans and rollout accordingly.
- Work closely with outside vendors, upfitters and OEMs to pioneer critical new products for Verizon's use-case.
- Strategize and plan garage-work-center locations, vehicle conversions and strategic infrastructure build-outs that are best suited operationally for EV's.
- Ensure operational feasibility of various equipment types (light, medium and heavy duty) based on current utilization and use cases.
- Develop end-to-end training programs for technicians, mechanics, and management.
- Support system integration of vehicle subsystems and/or vehicles from different suppliers for compatibility and functional performance.
- Monitor and track field implementations for technical, operational and user feedback for future improvements.
What we're looking for...
The selected candidate must possess a strong ability to lead and manage work effectively through cross functional teams towards a common goal in a heavily matrixed organization; leading various industry forums/organizations, vendors and manufacturers applying to fleet electrification, charging infrastructure, technology and associated systems.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or related field.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Five or more years of relevant experience at an Automotive OEM in an electrification role, Fleet, Utility, or EV charging company.
- V2G, V2V, V2X experience.
- Experience with utility Fleet EV make-ready programs and local state/federal incentives.
- Mechanical knowledge of vehicles and experience in sustainable technologies and alternative fuels.
- Advanced data analysis and modeling techniques and ability to manage multiple projects and plans simultaneously.
- Effective communication and executive presence.
- Able to lead a cross-functional team with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen and strategic vision to drive a successful transition.
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely and with confidence to all levels of management and leadership.
- Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, proactive and flexible.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $85,000.00 and $190,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.