Senior Specialist- Power Conversion
Eaton’s CTO Corporate Technology Office division is currently seeking a Senior Specialist- Power Conversion. This position is based in South Field, MI. We are offering sponsorship and relocation assistance if needed.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $125253.0 - $183704.4 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
- As a technical leader, create emerging power conversion & power system solutions based on breakthrough technologies for industrial, automotive, truck, and aerospace applications.
- Lead and develop technology projects by supporting teams (local and remote resources) and working with external technology resources (Business Divisions, Universities and Customers).
- Advance state of the art power electronics, power systems, and power converter technologies, as well as identify and develop commercialization opportunities with diverse Eaton businesses.
- Lead and collaborate with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural globally distributed teams, lead specific task within the scope of work and provide updates to project manager.
- Initiate, lead and support global technology programs utilizing Eaton’s technology development processes including Business Reviews, Technology Reviews, and Project Reviews.
- Participate in technology strategy discussions with Eaton’s Businesses and develop technology road maps.
- Lead and support technology development projects and manage global teams (Eaton Business Divisions, Universities, National Labs and Customers).
- Create project plans, manage budgets and resources, and deliver results on budget and schedule.
- Engage with and manage stakeholder relationships - Business Divisions in the US and globally.
- Lead projects with partners from national labs, universities and other research institutes.
- Build global organizational capabilities in power conversion and power systems
- PhD degree in related field with a minimum 5 years’ industrial or entrepreneurial experience
- Experience in low and medium voltage power conversion and power systems engineering, including creating specifications, defining application space, designing technical solution concepts, and building and testing prototypes to validate models/hypotheses and documenting results.
- Expertise in the following areas: Motor Drive technology, drive/converter topologies, high-power electronics; electric machines and controls; electrification of vehicles, energy storage, and grid connected converters; alternative power generation and distribution.
- Experience in modeling power converters and power systems using simulation tools (example: MATLAB/Simulink, Jmag, Ansys, PLECS, Simplorer, PSIM and/or PSCAD).
- Experience in power electronics electromechanical packaging techniques; understanding of the effects of parasitic capacitance/inductance on circuit performance, familiarity with techniques for the minimization and/or control of parasitics, familiarity with voltage creepage and clearance requirements and various insulation and interconnection techniques; familiarity with various power electronic component cooling techniques, etc.
- Appreciation for the trade-offs necessary to achieve designs that meet performance requirements and cost objective solutions.
- Experience with real time simulators such as DSPACE, OPAL-RT and/or RTDS.
- Good English communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Experience formulating value proposition of new technologies.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.