Foundry Equipment - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s ES GEIS CHD division is currently seeking a Foundry Equipment - 2nd Shift at our Syracuse, NY location. In this role, you will perform all required duties to diagnose and correct electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical malfunctions on automated foundry production equipment or machinery.
The hourly rate for this position is $32.23 per hour. The core hours are 2:30pm-10:30pm, Monday through Friday. Relocation assistance provided based on location!
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
- Check sequence of machine operation, determining type of machine malfunction, making necessary repairs, readjusting and testing instruments and machinery to manufacturers standards, within established limitations.
- Duties include the altering, repairing, adjusting and/or piping of water, air, gas, oil, etc. to meet foundry equipment specifications and/or correct machine malfunctions as required.
- Work from shop orders, blueprints, schematics, operational manuals, verbal information, manufacturers specifications, etc.
- Job duties require knowledge of D.C. and A.C. electrical theory; pneumatic and hydraulic theory and practice; plumbing and piping repair theory and practice; machine repair theory and practice involving theory and practice involving close tolerance assembly and fits; must be thoroughly grounded in the use of measuring instruments and devices.
- Required to know sequence and intra-relationship of machines operations including the evaluation of pressure, flow and dimensions in all machine functions
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years of industrial mechanical maintenance experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Relocation benefit is offered for this position.
- Minimum (5) five years of industrial maintenance experience or the equivalent to Journeymen level experience.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.