Eaton’s IS AER FMC division is currently seeking a Financial Specialist. This position is based at our Jackson, MS facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $105000.03 - $154000.04 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
The Financial Specialist specializes in analyzing financial data and providing insights related to the operations of the hydraulic pump/system business located in Eaton’s Jackson, MS site. The role works closely with the finance and operations team to support decision making to optimize the plant’s financial performance. The role is also instrumental to driving continuous improvement in the site’s finance team.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the operations team to identify inefficiencies and process improvement opportunities that will result in improved financial results.
- Actively participate in the process of financial forecasting for the site, ensuring challenging but achievable goals are set forth for the site
- Review, analyze, and evaluate department budget system. Develop and implement reports for management use in evaluating results against performance targets.
- Identify financial risks within the operations and support mitigation strategies
- Analyze and interpret financial data related to costs incurred by the site during operations with the objective of providing valuable insights to management and aiding them in making decisions regarding cost efficiency, pricing strategy, and overall financial performance.
- Assist in development of long-term plans and goal setting for the site
- Provide business partnership to all areas of plant regarding functional expertise and cross-functional support, providing guidance and education as needed to plant personnel to achieve financial objectives. Act as advisor and provide counsel to plant staff and personnel regarding financial operations and interpretation of financial information.
- Prepare capital appropriation requests in accordance with corporate policy. Ensure recommended capital projects provide appropriate returns on invested capital. Conduct post-audits to ensure prior capital investments are adding value to help inform future capital investments.
- Drive working capital improvements with the cross functional team, particularly through inventory management and excess and obsolete inventory process creation.
- Manage the process to identify and implement cost out opportunities and related data capture in database. Support the cross functional team in their cost out activities to improve financial results of the plant.
- Lead department activities related to process improvements and standard work. Assists in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing department and plant goals.
- Lead division-wide Finance transformation projects to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and consistency of our finance processes.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business from an accredited institution.
- Minimum seven of (7) years of accounting and/ or finance experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years in a manufacturing environment.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- CPA/CMA/MBA or progress towards the completion.
- Knowledge of data processing, particularly with financial applications.
- Knowledge of Oracle, MFG/Pro, and/or Longview.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.