Skillbridge-Automotive Equipment Technician
- Performing maintenance and repair of all types of motor vehicles and special equipment in the Verizon fleet.
- Diagnosing, maintaining and repairing all company associated equipment, including aerial lifts, diggers, generators, tools, etc.
- Using computer test equipment to diagnose vehicle problems.
- Interfacing with vehicle users regarding repairs, questions, etc.
- Performing OSHA, ANSI, emissions, and state inspections on company vehicles.
- Obtaining and maintaining all required certificates or licenses.
- Working evenings, weekends, holidays and unscheduled shifts based on the needs of the business.
- Work tour hours are 3pm to 11pm, Monday through Friday (hours may vary). Overtime is as needed by the business.
What we're looking for...
You know cars, vans, trucks, trailers and engines like the back of your hand, and are anxious to put your knowledge and skills to work for the Verizon Team. You like to be busy and well-organized to stay on top of things. You take pride in a job well done because you know better matters!
You'll need to have:
You'll need to have:
- This Opportunity is for Military personnel who are current participants of the Department of Defense Skillbridge Program.
- 5 or more years' experience as a mechanic or other relevant experience.
- CDL License or Commercial Learner's Permit (CDL required within 6 months of hire).
- NY State Safety Inspection License (or obtain within 6 months of hire).
- Valid state driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $0.00 and $0.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.