Civil QC Specialist 2 (23997)
AMENTUM is seeking a Quality Assurance/Quality Control/NDE Technician II to be based at the Savannah River Site in support of the SDU projects.
The Quality Assurance/Quality Control/NDE Technician II will be performing complex technical assignments within the approved engineering schedules and budgets, under supervision of the pertinent Engineering, Architecture, or Scientific Supervising Personnel.
Coordinating technical and administrative activities in the area of expertise with those of other disciplines and other departments both within in the company and with other companies participating in the project.
Specialists are responsible for professional QA consulting and field inspections in the following disciplines: Civil, Nuclear, Piping, Quality Assurance and Civil-Structural Quality Control
Contributes to the monitoring and evaluation process to ensure that AMENTUM quality management systems are being followed and evidence is recorded and maintained.
Performs QA surveillances, audits and NDE examinations in support of N&E Technical Services.
Provide Civil Level II QC services at customer facilities.
Demonstrates the ability to perform assignments to the applicable code or procedure with little oversight or management involvement.
Provides assistance within the latitude of established policies in support of the quality program.
Supports projects at various sites within N&E Technical Services for short and long term durations.
Supports the safety, health, environmental and quality director with training and walk downs.
Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
• Associate Degree in engineering, architecture or science or equivalent education or specific training in area of expertise or have no less than 6 years of combined experience as a QA/QC Specialist combined with formal education.
• Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate affectively, both orally and written, in a professional office environment and in the presence of customers at their facilities. Must be able to work in a team environment and be a highly motivated, self-starter.
• Active certifications in accordance with ACI (American Concrete Institute) in at least 1 of the following methods: Soils, Concrete Testing, Aggregate Testing, Structural Steel Rebar.
• ANSI Level II certifications in Civil and Welding and experience that is verifiable through both documentation and personal reference. (Documentation and references will be verified prior to hiring)
• Computer/Software proficiency with Microsoft Office proficiency required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe)
• Proficient in English in both written and oral communication.
• Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required.
Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen only. Dual Citizenship will not be accepted for this position.
• Previous or current Level II certifications in accordance with ASNT (American Society for Non-Destructive Testing) in at least 1 of the following methods: Radiography, Visual, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant, Ultrasonic Testing or Eddy Current.
• NDE Classroom training experience.
• Previous experience working with government clients; for example, DOE, DOD, NNSA, NRC.
• Active or previous NQA-1 Auditor qualification
• Current or previous Savannah River Site, SRR QC qualifications
• Strong welding knowledge and previous experience with WPS, PQR implementation.
• ASME and AWS fabrication documentation review experience for code compliance and DOE review.