Heavy Equipment Operator (21835)
Must currently work on the existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
Looking for a fresh opportunity to jumpstart your career? Want the uniqueness of a new company but not the training wheels of a start-up? How about one of the newest companies on the street made up of legacy companies with over 100 years of operating experience? Amentum is a trusted partner to U.S. federal government agencies, allied governments and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment.
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission support program provides operations, facilities, and maintenance support for the Navy with locations in Florida and the Bahamas. Come join the team that’s supporting America’s Navy!
Amentum is seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator in Andros Island, Bahamas to work as part of a close knit team, as well as independently, to accomplish a range of functions as you support AUTEC. As a member of the team you will:
- Be responsible for operating of heavy and agricultural grounds maintenance equipment in the Roads and Grounds Department and providing field oversight of small groundskeeper working groups on the AUTEC project.
- Perform daily operational safety and maintenance checks on all heavy and grounds equipment used and assigned to the department.
- Operate heavy and grounds equipment in a safe and efficient manner following all safety procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain equipment as required.
- Ensure heavy and grounds equipment is safely and securely stored.
- Participate in routine maintenance of equipment as required and advise supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repair.
- Respond to customer concerns regarding scheduling and quality of service.
- Provide oversight and responsibility over small working groups of groundskeepers doing routine and special grounds maintenance projects and tasks.
- Perform routine grounds maintenance activities to include grass cutting, tree maintenance, beautification projects and clean-up.
- Perform duties related to Hurricane readiness and disaster clean-up efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must currently work on existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S government security clearance.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Five (5) years related experience working with heavy equipment, grounds maintenance or farm / agricultural equipment and implements in a similar environment.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License or must obtain one within 30 days of hire required.
- Valid passport and Driver’s licensed required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- Current Secret security clearance preferred.
- Heavy equipment certifications, training documents and / or licenses preferred.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of skid steers, heavy forklifts, front-end loaders, back hoes, zero turn mowers, agricultural farm tractors and all attachments preferred.