Configuration Control Specialist (21434)
Must currently work on the existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
Looking for a fresh opportunity to jumpstart your career? Want the uniqueness of a new company but not the training wheels of a start-up? How about one of the newest companies on the street made up of legacy companies with over 100 years of operating experience? Amentum is a trusted partner to U.S. federal government agencies, allied governments and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment.
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission support program provides operations, facilities, and maintenance support for the Navy with locations in Florida and the Bahamas. Come join the team that’s supporting America’s Navy!
Amentum is seeking a Configuration Control Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL to work as part of a close knit team, as well as independently, to accomplish a range of functions as you support AUTEC. As a member of the team you will:
- Implements the AUTEC Configuration Management Plan by providing configuration control of Government-furnished property, hardware, firmware, software and technical data for the AUTEC Configuration Item product baseline in the operational phase of the life-cycle.
- Per Configuration Control Board guidance, performs configuration management planning, configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits and updates the AUTEC Product Baseline for permanent configuration changes and document interim changes to maintain completeness and currency.
- Reviews, organizes, and provides summary review for all change proposal and data packages 2-3 annual major projects, 6-10 minor projects.
- Responsible for configuration management issues associated with maintaining and controlling all hardware inventory, documentation, product releases, and software configuration management.
- Works closely with the Configuration Control Board in defining and implementing procedures for releasing new products throughout the entire life cycle.
- Provides change management and product configuration management guidance.
- Must currently work on existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S government security clearance.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or related field.
- Seven years of professional experience in configuration management.
- Current Secret security clearance preferred.
- Experience setting agendas for Configuration Control Boards and maintaining a configuration management database for a major Navy test range preferred.