Cyber Security Specialist - Information System Security (21454)
Must currently work on existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
Looking for a fresh opportunity to jumpstart your career? Want the uniqueness of a new company but not the training wheels of a start-up? How about one of the newest companies on the street made up of legacy companies with over 100 years of operating experience? Amentum is a trusted partner to U.S. federal government agencies, allied governments and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment.
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission support program provides operations, facilities, and maintenance support for the Navy with locations in Florida and the Bahamas. Come join the team that’s supporting America’s Navy!
Amentum is seeking a Cyber Security Specialist - Information System Security in West Palm Beach, FL to work as part of a close knit team, as well as independently, to accomplish a range of functions as you support AUTEC. As a member of the team you will:
- Continually monitors network for intrusions and vulnerabilities. Implements proactive measures to reduce risk of intrusion.
- Tracks actual intrusion events and logs sources.
- Closes vulnerabilities proactively and tactically. Maintains detailed knowledge of Cybersecurity risk environment and protective measures.
- Ensures firewalls are all active and appropriately configures.
- May also be involved with ensuring encryption is properly deployed and operating within requirements.
- Helps implement measures to achieve CMMC and other cybersecurity standards as directed by Amentum corporate and the Navy customer
- Must currently work on existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S government security clearance.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two to five years of practical experience in a Cyber Security, Engineering, T&E or A&A (formerly C&A) related field.
- Have worked with Information Assurance tools such as DISA eMASS, ACAS.
- Current Secret security clearance preferred.
- CCNA, Security+, or equivalent DoD approved baseline certification preferred.