D eloitte's Enterprise Performance professionals are leaders in optimizing operations that span the entire enterprise of an organization, from strategy to implementation and operation. By joining our team, you can help clients achieve impact and value from their investments in both people and technology that support enterprise-wide operations, as well as solutions for specific functions in the organization, from IT to finance and the supply chain.
Work you'll do
The Wholesale Electricity Market Specialist will manage and support the execution of the below:
• Support the implementation of key reforms that will facilitate the operationalization of the Wholesale Electricity Market
• Supervise the development of an Implementation Plan for the roll-out of the various components of the market subject to any conditions precedent relating various components of the market necessary for seamless roll-out.(e.g. Energy Market, AS Market, Capacity Market, Congestion Revenue Rights, transitional period etc)
• Facilitate avenues for capacity building for Market Operations and other staff in readiness for market roll-out
• Work with project consultants to undertake specific activities required to operationalize the capacity and the energy markets
• Coordinate with the Civil Society Specialist to build capacity of accountability actors on the wholesale electricity market
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The Supply Chain & Network Operations Offering helps clients transform their value chains into a competitive edge. Professionals drive efficiency, improve flexibility, and increase responsiveness by furnishing proactive insights and enhancing decision-making. Teams advise, implement, and operate transformational solutions by providing operational know-how, digital technologies, advanced analytics, and industry-specific hybrid solutions. Teams also optimize operations, product, and material flows, and create greater synergy for the supply network to optimize mission performance.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferred in economics, engineering, finance, or other relevant field, particularly in energy sector
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future and y ou must also have valid work authorization for the country where you will be working, and to the extent required by such country's laws and regulations provide Deloitte documentation verifying your identity and employment authorization
- This role will be based in Accra, Ghana
- 10 years of experience in energy transmission services, energy market, or related area
• Master's degree in economics, engineering, finance, or other relevant field, particularly in energy sector
• Experience working in similar context in Ghana
• Previous experience with donor agency programs
• Demonstrated experience operating in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
• Ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials fluently in English
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.