Java Developer Solution Specialist HST Virtual (24187)
- Responsible for supporting and independently completing project tasks
- Identifies key drivers of a defined, straightforward problem and proposing solutions
- Identifies and solves problems using analysis, experience, and decision making
- Selects the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements
- Understands the benefits of using state of the art methods and tools and their application on a particular engagement; contributes to continuous development of methods and tools
- Manages work to work plans for components on engagements
- Develops solutions to client problems through application of methods and tools; validates solutions to subject matter experts
- Demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of client goals
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
Human Services Transformation
Our Human Services Transformation team works to help transform how our Government and Public Services clients deliver their services to customers across a variety of channels such as walk-in, mail-in, call center, and self-service applications.
We deliver large, complex systems development and transformation projects to Human Service agencies at the federal, state, and local government level enabling us to collaborate with clients who serve those most in need. Budget constraints paired with increased demand for human services have challenged our clients to find efficiencies, do "more with less," and rethink the way they deliver services.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant experience
- Experience with J2EE Framework components such as Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC
- Experience with an application server such as WebSphere or Redhat Jboss
- Good understanding of developing Web-services and spring batch development
- 4+ years of experience writing SQL/Functions/Procedures in transactional database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- 4+ years of knowledge on MVC framework like Spring/Struts/Grails and ORM tools such as Hibernate, MyBatis
- Experience in Agile methodology and tools such as Bamboo, BitBucket, Fisheye, eclipse
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles
- Roughly 90-95% hands-on coding
- Ability to travel up to 20 percent (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must live a commutable distance to one of the following cities: Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; Gilbert, AZ; Houston, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Kansas City, MO; Lake Mary, FL; Los Angeles, CA; Mechanicsburg, PA; Miami, FL; McLean, VA; Minneapolis, MN; Nashville, TN; Orange County, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Pittsburgh, PA; Puerto Rico; Rosslyn, VA; Sacramento, CA; St. Louis, MO; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Tallahassee, FL; Tampa, FL; or be willing to relocate to one of the following USDC locations: Gilbert, AZ; Lake Mary, FL; Mechanicsburg, PA.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Certifications in system administration, system architecture, virtualization or cloud technologies preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software.
- Ability to multi-task & support multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.