AWS Cloud Developer - Specialist Senior (15100)
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Public Cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Promote public cloud internally to sales and delivery teams to drive growth.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the public cloud solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to public cloud customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, delivery teams and support.
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Self-starter with an in-depth hands-on work experience with large-scale implementations of AWS.
- Development / programming experience with Java, J2EE, .NET, C# and AWS
- Direct experience migrating applications from the enterprise to public cloud providers (e.g. Amazon, Google, or Microsoft)
- Experience helping development teams build and deploy micro services based applications in public cloud Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- Understanding of emerging technologies and end-user needs.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
- 5+ years of development, programming & scripting (Java/J2EE, Springboat, .Net, NodeJS, Python).
- 4+ years of software development experience in at least one modern object oriented programming language such as Java, Python, .net, or C#, including object-oriented design
- 2+ years project experience migrating and deploying cloud based solutions
- Experience with Cloud Native PaaS and Serverless (BaaS, FaaS) architecture, limitations, implementation
- AWS Certified Professional.
- Microservices development, management and Orchestration experience
- Microservices decomposition strategy & implementations experience
- Experience with CI/CD & configuration (ie. Jenkins, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Container experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms (Maraton etc)
- Cloud Migration - refactorization & re-architecture for databases and applications
- Cloud native database integration & optimization (DynamoDB, AWS RDS, MongoDB)
- Cloud native optimization for reducing costs, increasing performance, efficiency, HA, scalability and elasticity.
- Understanding of Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrated skills in technical leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long term planning.
- Experienced, persuasive and effective presenter, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically Solution Selling and RFP management.
- Experience leading high performance, results driven teams with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities.
- Consulting experience
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.